chapter 7: and off we go to Mordor

*first person pov*

I walk towards the place where everyone else is waiting to depart for the journey, I can see Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, Boromir and Gimli and the hobbits except for Frodo already there.

I also see Arwen at the side besides some noble elves chatting politely with them, she sees me and excuses herself and hugs me.

I melt into her embrace and see the other elves looking at us weirdly, oh yeah I forgot we were elves-

I might as well turn her to a human at this point since I've teached her way too much human mannerisms for a regular elf to know lmao.

"be careful out there okay?" Arwen grabs both of my shoulders and looks at me with worry

"yes I will I promise!" I say with a laugh. I think for the past two days its all I've been saying to everyone that it's almost like a mantra engraved into my brain already.

Arwen looks behind me and sees a particular elf she knows staring at them both.

"good luck with him too" She says with a mischievous smile

I punch her arms lightly "I'm gonna suffer so much I think I'll just die from awkwardness from this trip"

We both laugh at that and hug one last time before saying goodbye to each other.

And then Elrond and Frodo arrive just in time as I put my stuff on the horse.

"why is it when Elrond is somewhere he will always appear dramatically?" I thought

"The ring is setting out on the quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel, no oath nor bond is laid to go further that you will. farewell. Hold to your purpose. may the blessing of the Elves and Men and all the Free Folk go with you."

I take in a deep breath, trying to release the tension in my body. We're actually going to go do it. We're going to Mount Doom.

Elrond puts a hand to his heart and extends his hand our way before me, Legolas and Aragorn do the same.

"the fellowship await the ring-bearer." Gandalf says and frodo slowly glances around rivendell one last time

"Honestly can we go now I will literally run away out of anxiousness if we won't be moving soon" I thought, shifting my body and tugging at the strings of my bracelet and turning it around and around.

For a split second I can see Legolas's eyes dart to me but he looked away so quickly I was worried that I was going delusional.

Finally, Frodo looks at all of us and leads us all out of Rivendell.

"Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?" I try to hide the smirk from my lips but fail miserably instead.

"Left" gandalf says and places a hand on Frodo's left shoulder

I take one last glance towards Rivendell and the ocean, already missing the sea, my ship and crew

Oh how miserable will it be on land without sailing for at least once a month

I tear my eyes away from Rivendell and follow the fellowship ahead.

And off we go to Mordor.