chapter 50: I'll gouge your eyes out

*first person pov*

BOOM!

Another sound came as the uruk-hai attempt to batter down the door into the hall. Every each one of the soldiers were working to barricade the door, everything that was strong and big were put against the door to stop it from being destroyed so easily. Some of the men even leaned against the door with their bodies.

Everyone was helping to barricade the halls except for Theoden. Who stood against the pillars while watching us in despair.

Legolas hands me the seat to one of the tables in the halls. I tensed whenever he came near me, I don't know if it was because of the fact I didn't want him to see my wound or because I made him upset. Maybe it was both, I couldn't really afford to dwell on it right now.

"The fortress is taken. It is over." I could hear Theoden shout towards us.

I know that but damn at least let us try to live mate.

Aragorn ran towards Theoden to grab more furniture. "You said this fortress would never fall while your Men defend it. They still defend it. They have died defending it."

Aragorn was right, we couldn't let their sacrifices mean nothing. Some of them were just kids, they couldn't die for nothing. Darvyn didn't lose a limb for nothing.

"Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves?" Aragorn said. Theoden stared at the floor in silence.

Me and Legolas ran towards the table that was pretty much the only furniture that is left in the room that could barricade the door. Legolas hurriedly tipped over the table, causing all the things on the tables to fall to the floor and all the glass to break.

"Is there no other way?" Aragorn repeated, louder this time.

"Don't worry I can carry it." Legolas said with little strain in his voice.

I nodded, releasing the table. "Alright." I took off my headdress, tying it around my neck instead. It looked a bit ridiculous honestly, the fabric wasn't long, it reached only to my ribcage. But I had to sacrifice my dignity of style in order to persevere my dignity. The tension in my shoulders slightly dropped, my wound can't be seen as easy as it did when I didn't cover it. It brought some comfort at least.

"send word for the women and children to make for the mountain pass. And barricade the entrance." Aragorn pleaded to Gamling. I walked towards them.

Theoden turned to Aragorn, all the life and hope drained from his face. "So much death. What can Men do against such reckless hate?"

BOOM! Another sickening crack at the door.

"I've seen a lot of men in my lifetime in the sea, I've gotten to know a lot. And honestly? you'd be surprised at what you humans are capable of." I said to him with a mere shrug. Theoden looked at me, a flicker of hope sparked in his eyes. 

Aragorn thinks for a moment, then he snaps his head to Theoden.

"Ride out with me." He quietly said. 

Theoden turned to Aragorn, confusion written all over his face.

"Ride out and meet them." Aragorn proposes with more confidence this time.

Theoden walked to Aragorn, the flicker of hope in his eyes turning to a spark that lightens his spirits. "For death and glory."

"For Rohan. For your people." Aragorn declared.

"the sun is rising." Gimli said, looking up to the small window in the hall. It was high up, I never noticed it actually. Regardless of the hours I spent in the hall I never noticed the window. Its nice seeing some light pouring in the room after all the fighting we did last night.