chapter 28: water war

*first person pov*

Soon we all stood in front of Lord Celeborn and lady Galadriel. All of us standing besides each other, an elf opposite of each of us. They clasp green elvish cloaks on us, a green silver lined leaf brooch in the center of it. "I need to take this off as soon as I can because this colour is clashing with my outfit" I thought, looking down to my golden shirt and nodding a bit to myself "yep def need to take it off." I repeat to myself

"Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our people" Celeborn states.

"May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes." He says

Galadriel steps forward, walking to where Legolas stood. Presenting him an elegant bow.

Legolas traces his hands along the bow, looking at in awe. he looks at me, I raise my eyebrows, smiling at him.

He smiles back, pulling the string of the bow and showing me the arrow slightly.

I smile at him, giving him a small thumbs up.

Then Galadriel walks to the rest of the fellowship, giving each of them a gift. Pippin and merry getting a dagger, Sam a magic rope, Gimli three strands of her hair and so on.

Finally, Galadriel reaches to me. I keep a blank stare, afraid she will mention about the ring.

Galadriel gives me a tender smile, putting a hand to one side of my face and tracing a scar I have.

She gives me blue clothing that is folded neatly, golden shoulder and arm braces on top of the clothing.

My eyes widen in surprise as I recognize the shoulder and arm braces.

"How did you get this?" I trace my hands along the fabric, recalling the times I wore this. "this would've been in my room, I never left it here." I murmur.

"your brother gave it to me, in the hopes that perhaps you may find your way here and be persuaded to go home." 

I scoff, rolling my eyes "of course he did."

"Take good care of it maeral. You may need to wear it sometime in the future." galadriel says with a tender voice, almost as if she knows something might happen.

I knit my brows, looking down at the carefully folded clothing in my hands, recalling the times where I wore it.

"remember maeral, not all hope is lost." She says with a small smile, nodding at me then moving on to Aragorn.

I nod back at galadriel, my face turning blank again. 

I run my hands around the fabric, staring at the tall trees, to the direction of where my secret spot was.

"oh fuck it" I whisper to myself, opening my bag and shoving in the clothing galadriel gave me. Praying that I won't have to wear it in the future.

I walk to where the boats were, seeing Legolas load some stuff in the boats I stride to where he was.

"watcha guys doin?" I ask them, as Legolas takes out a lembas bread from its wrapping.

"Lembas." he turns to me, then he smiles to merry and pippin sitting in the boat, "elvish waybread."

he takes a bite of it

"one small bite is enough to fill the stomache of a grown man." He explains to the both of them, stuffing the remains of the bread in the pack before walking away from the boat. Seeing if there's any needed help for him.

They nod at him, smiling a tight lipped smile at him.

I narrow my eyes at them "you thought it was regular bread didn't you?" they nod, swaying around and looking in the distance like they just smoked weed.