chapter 38: did you threaten him??

*first person pov*

"damn you darvyn, making me question myself again for the second time today." I grumble to myself as I enter the house again.

Legolas's eyes bright up as he sees me, he nudges on Bastian. He looks to me and back at bastian again with a smile.

I raise my eyebrows at Legolas, crossing my arms. Curious as to what Bastian wants to show me.

"well hello there Bastian, how's the drawing holding up?" I say to Bastian as he walks to me, Legolas trailing behind him.

"I gave up on drawing Rohan...so instead we drew you and your ship!" He exclaims as he hands me the drawing.

I widen my eyes at him, glancing at Legolas in surprise. He smiles and shrugs at me.

I pore over the drawing, my ship drawn on the paper, the sea covering the bottom part of the drawing, birds soaring through the sea sky. Then in the middle of the drawing, there was a figure with black hair blown by the wind, a hat exactly like mine and leaning on the ship rails. 

What surprised me was, how realistic and detailed I looked like in the drawing. He even managed to draw my freckles too. The ship was beautiful and wonderfully drawn but the face...let's just say it certainly surprised me that an 11 year old child could draw me so well. 

"oh I forgot to tell you, I only drew the ship and the sea and the birds. You were drawn by Legolas." Bastian says and I look up to Legolas. His mouth was hang ajar, wide eyes towards Bastian.

His gaze turns to me. His cheeks turning red and stammering with his words.

"oh uh...I uh, um yes I drew that." He says with a nervous chuckle.

I smile at him before turning back to Bastian with a grin.

"I love it! you did a good job with my ship. It looks exactly like how it actually looks up close! I also love how you added the birds too. Thank you Bastian." I say to him. He smiles at me and says your welcome before running off to his cousins.

"and you Legolas." I say, making him snap his gaze to me.

"I knew you were good at drawing but holy shit. How come you never drew me before??" I ask with a smile.

He looks to his feet, he scratches the back of his neck.

"um well actually Ral...I-I do have some drawings of you." He says sheepishly.

"you what??" I yell at him.

He looks around to the people with wide eyes, who were now turned to us due to my shouting "I-I can explain Ral-"

"you drew me and never showed me??? we've been best friends for over 2000 years and your ass was shy to show me your drawings??" I punch his arm with a smile.

"y-you're not mad?" Legolas says, his face now very red.

"nah, we're best friends Legolas. Obviously I wouldn't mind. Although next time you should show me the drawings though, if you weren't a close friend of mine I would think you're a creep."

"no of course I'm not trying to be weird or anything...it's just that sometimes when we would hang out with each other and we would sit in the same room while doing our own work, you'd sometimes look-" He pauses, trying to find his words.

"....you would look ethereal Ral. You'd be very focused doing your work, looking like you're in your own world and it makes me want to draw you. While you're captured in your own moment." He breaths out.

I smile at him "well thank you Prince Legolas, for that fine compliment."

"do you have any of the drawings with you right now? I'd love to see them." I say and he turns red again, stuttering with his words.