chapter 56: you're supposed to be dead.

*first person pov*

"that was really stupid of you to do Mae." Darvyn blurted out as we descend down the stairs.

I turn to him, frowning. That was sudden. He was talking to us laughing and shit just fine, then suddenly he says I'm stupid? for doing what?

"sorry to say this Maeral but dad's right." Carter shrugged. Fastred and Emmet nodded, carrying a drunk passed out Nelda around their shoulders.

"alright I am stupid I know that but about what?" I wave my hands around in circles.

They all stopped and looked at each other, even the drunken passed out Nelda. They slowly turn to me like I just lost a head.

I could even hear Nelda sighing.

Nesta walks up to me, putting her hands on my shoulders. "Maeral. You are an amazing woman." She said, her brown eyes stared into my very soul.

"okay...." I nod slowly, a crease forming between my brows.

"but how can you not see that that elf loves you?"

"what?!"

"do you not love him as he does to you?" Emmet asked, shifting his feet.

"I-I mean..." no words seemed to come out of my mouth.

"by saying you were stupid we meant that you could've been with him somewhere while he confesses his love to you, he was going to do that you know?" Darvyn said, before walking once more.

Everyone else started to walk again. I stood stuck in the middle of the road, while everyone just walked around me, living their life.

Couples walked to stores, journeying people walked out of inns, kids ran past me with their parents smiling and shaking their heads.

Nesta stood on her toes and kissed Carter on her cheek.

Nelda lazily nuzzled her head into Emmet's neck.

Darvyn spun his golden ring on his finger. The one Daratrine, Radelia and me helped picked out for him and Lily when he proposed to her.

I wonder what it'd be like if me and Legolas had a life like that. It would-

"oh my god." I whispered. I sprinted up to them, my head feeling like it had just solved a centuries old mystery. "oh my fucking god" I rub my temples.

"did you just realize it?" Darvyn beside me smirked.

"I've been in love with him- in love in love, and I've only realized it now." I said. I can't believe it. It wasn't just a stupid crush that fades away, I actually love him.

But was he going to tell me that?

"oh fuck now what do I do?" I turn to the rest of them.

"well...you love him right?" Nesta asked, a brow raised.

"currently having a crisis over it but.....yes." I answered, biting the bottom of my lip.

"then just say it." Nelda interjected. Nesta raised a finger to say more, but then thought better of it and just nodded.

"easy for you to say all of you are married." I motion to all of them. It's not that I want to marry Legolas right away, I love him yes but I don't want that. Not now at least. I do want to marry him someday but not now, I'm not really ready for marriage and settling down yet.

"honestly now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that was all I did. And look at me now, happily married and content." Fastred said and everyone shrugged.