chapter 61: a bit inappropriate no?

*Legolas's pov* (a bit of a special chapter for ya)

She was still asleep, and he was utterly in love with her. Maeral's sleeping figure lay comfortable besides Legolas, her head nuzzled between the crook of his neck, her hands wrapped around Legolas's waist. It seemed this was her favourite position to sleep in when with someone.

The sun had just risen and Legolas has been awake for a long time, he just couldn't bring his heart to leave her alone when she was so vulnerable like that. 

Legolas kissed the top of her head, it smelled like the salty air of the open sea. It was miraculous how that scent still stayed regardless of how long she's been away from the sea.

Maeral whined and buried her face deeper into Legolas's neck.

Legolas smiled at her behaviour, he forgot how whiny she could be sometimes.

"do we really have to wake up?" She grumbled, her voice reverberating in the crook oh Legolas's neck.

"it's not really a requirement, but if we don't want the others to wander around looking for us, we have to show up at least once."

Maeral groaned, painting Legolas's neck with lazy kisses.

"but of course...we could just stay in here all day." Legolas suggested, his voice giving a suggestive idea.

Maeral chuckles, then pulls back to look into Legolas's eyes. "oh yeah? then what happens when they walk in here?"

Legolas shrugged. "we could just lock the door."

"We have a dunedain and dwarf living amongst us. Paranoid ones at that. They'll break the door down." Maeral smirked, one of her brows raised.

"Well then they would have a sight to see." He smirked, kissing all over Maeral's face.

Maeral laughed. Legolas wished that was the sound he'd be able to wake up to forever.

"Tempting." Maeral said, placing a kiss on Legolas's nose. "But unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we need to help them in preparation for the battle."

The battle. He'd almost forgotten about that. Living in the normalcy of Edoras had made him forgot why they were there in the first place

He'd grown accustomed to it almost. Living day to day with little errands, no need for any spider slaying nor patrolling the forest.

Maybe he could live like this at some point. Maeral could probably settle down with him too.

Although, for now he would wish to lay down in bed with his lover besides him. But alas, the world lives on.

Legolas gave a small pout, Maeral rolled her eyes and placed a small peck on his lips.

"Go put your clothes on princelling."

                                            *~*~*

The both of them walked to the main hall, their hands brushing occasionally. Legolas was scared to make the first move and intertwined their hands together. Maeral wasn't doing it either, he didn't know if she wanted to. What if she was ashamed for them to be together?

He didn't doubt the fact that she loved him, but he could see that she was scared to be affectionate with him in public spaces. Legolas decided that it was probably because she wanted to keep up her reputation of the 'great captain maeral'. The merciless joyful pirate who doesn't have any attachments except of the sea and humanly riches.

"Ah! There they are!" Merry exclaimed, looking more cheerful than yesterday. 

Gimli looked up to the both of them while drinking his ale, he held up his fingers and nodded in acknowledgement.