chapter 54: may the best drinker win

*first person pov*

We soon arrive back at Edoras and the town looked just like how it was when we first set foot on the land.

People milled about and went through their day as if they didn't just arrive mere hours ago. Some were helping the shop owners setting up their store, some were already buying things from them and were on their way home. 

But there was one thing different about this place though.

It was more jolly now.

There was loud laughing. People seemed to be actually happy and having hope for the future, Edoras was not just a colourless glum barn town. It was the centre of Rohan. Home of their king.

When we returned, the people stepped aside and greeted their king cheerfully. It was a sight to see, flowers were even thrown. I got a bouquet thrown unto me from a guy somewhere, I smiled and thanked him. Legolas on the other hand, glared at him.

Now we were all settled in our rooms and getting ready for the feast tonight.

I plop down on the bed. "Oh bed how I miss you so." I said, my voice muffled by the pillow stuffed on my face.

I miss the soft surface of the bed. The sinking sensation of lying on the bed after a long's day of work, the tension in your body dissolving just as soon as you start to lay down. The way your eyelids soon droop down and you'll fall to a good nights sleep.

I exhaled a deep breath while hugging the pillow close to my chest. I don't think I can ever survive sleeping on the floor ever again.

After a while of laying on the soft comforting bed, sleep manages to overcome me. I wake up after a few hours by the sound of knocking from the door.

I groggily get out of the bed and open the door, rubbing my eyes. "What?" I hoarsely reply. 

"oh are we bothering you my lady? Because if we are I can-" Eowyn starts to say and my eyes snap open. I hold out a hand to her face. She shuts up.

I turn, my back towards Eowyn and the league of a few other women behind her.

My mouth stretches open and a satisfying yawn escapes my mouth. 

I whip my head back to her direction, a big grin on my lips. I lean on the doorframe. "Ah hello ladies, what can I do for you?"

A slight blush creeps up on one of the girl's faces. My grin stretches wider. Good to know my charm still hasn't disappeared from the journey.

"The feast is about to start in a few hours, I thought that you'd might like some help with what you'll be wearing tonight." She gestures to the selection of dresses that the girls held.

"oh yeah sure I don't mind. Come in." I open the door wider and the girls poured into my room.

Eowyn took the dresses from the girl's hand and set them on the bed. Uh oh, this can't be another Vi situation right? I mean Eowyn's gotta have better taste than Viserra.

"Almost everyone will be there for tonight. They'll all be wearing simple drabs since it's a celebration for their efforts, maybe you'd like to wear something more comfortable like a dress instead of pants." Eowyn explained.

I cross my arms. I'm grateful at Eowyn for thinking of me and preparing dresses for me to wear. And don't get me wrong, the dresses were pretty but...they all seemed to be too simple to me.

They were regular dresses to the rohan people's eyes, but I always liked to add some sparks for my dresses by layering and adding jewelry on the dresses somehow.