chapter 35: white blond elf

*first person pov*

Gandalf was leading us back towards the direction where we came from to get our horses, to go to Edoras.

"One stage of the journey is over, another begins. We must travel to Edoras with all speed." gandalf says and Gimli widens his eyes in bewilderment.

"Edoras? that is no short distance!" Gimli grumbles in protest.

"We hear of trouble in Rohan. It goes ill with the king." Aragorn says

Gandalf stops and turns to Aragorn "Yes, and it will not be easily cured." He states.

"Then we have run all this way for nothing? Are we to leave those poor Hobbits here in this horrid, dark, dank tree-infested--?" Gimli begins to rant before the trees grumbled in offense.

I snicker at him and he glares at me before turning back to the trees and tries to make amends with them "I mean, charming...quite charming forest." Gimli says while smiling to the trees.

the rumbling starts to cease and gandalf turns to gimli "It was more than mere chance that brought Merry and Pippin to Fangorn. A great power has been sleeping here for many long years. The coming of Merry and Pippin will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche in the mountains." gandalf says and I couldn't help but look at Legolas.

He was looking around the forest in wonder as Gandalf talks about Merry and Pippin coming to fangorn. And for one split second, he looked like the same Legolas that I first saw while he arrived at my kingdom. His blue eyes filled with amazement and awe as he looks around the forest of my home besides his father. The same smile on his lips that I was close to a few nights ago.

His sharp cheekbones looking more refined as he looks up to the forest, his jaw looking more sharp too. And the way that he just looks so vulnerable and soft and huggable right now is making me crazy-

wait

why am I suddenly thinking like this?

it's legolas for fuck sake its the same scrawny emotional whiny princelling elf that I've been friends with for millenia's. The same elf that I slept and cuddled with after I started getting nightmares over my mother's death. He's my most oldest friend considering the fact that we were the rare elf royals that was born in the same year.

So why was I suddenly psycho-analyzing his face like this? Especially over him looking at the forest, he always looks at forests in the same amazed gaze.

No because....the same thing happened too a few days ago when he was worried over me being choked by that orc and my heart beated faster than it has ever in my long life just because of the fact that his lips was close to mine and how worried and caring he was of me.

I softly gasp and shake my head away from his figure, looking to the trees with slightly furrowed brows.

No...it can't be could it?

I mean- there's no reason for me to right? besides he probably already has someone waiting for him in mirkwood or something, so there would be no reason for me to start.....liking him.

I frown. Alright ew this is making me feel all disgusting and gooey. I've never taught about someone like this, usually it's me thinking they are attractive then flirt with em then they decide that they like me back too.

Even when I dated Viserra I didn't thought about her this much like this. it was basically the same principle, just me thinking she's attractive and has a nice personality then we decided we wanted to have a relationship with each other. And everyone that I've dated besides or before Vi were all basically one night stands or we just went on a few dates before we decide that we weren't meant for each other.

I didn't feel.... all gooey and gushy over her like how I do with legolas. Believe me I loved her but y'know, it just never really worked between us I guess. okay wait we need to stop right now.

I need to stop thinking about him like this because they're all literally discussing about something something that's probably important, I couldn't really care less to listen at the moment honestly. I was too worried over my feelings towards this blond white elf right now.

"-so stop your fretting, Master Dwarf." Gandalf says before walking out of the forest and continuing with our path again.

"Merry and Pippin are quite safe. In fact, they are far safer than you are about to be." gandalf shouts over to us all. I sigh, I signed up for this so might as well just follow wherever gandalf is intending for us to go to.

"This new Gandalf's more grumpy than the old one." gimli grumbles to himself.

"Or perhaps you are simply just making Gandalf more irritated at you than usual." Legolas says with a smirk and I snicker at Gimli. He huffs and glares at us both, we just looked at each other and giggled at him, making him now annoyed at us.

Gandalf whistles piercingly. Like, quite literally piercingly loud. It echoes off into the distance and he whistles again. As the echo dies out, a gleaming white horse gallops towards our way.

"woah...." I breathed out in awe.

"That is one of the Mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell." Legolas fawns over the horse trotting our way.

"Shadowfax." Gandalf whispers as shadowfax got closer.

"he is the lord of all horses." Gandalf says with a smile and the four of us bow our heads in respect to the Mearas.

"and has been my friend through many dangers." gandalf continues while walking up to shadowfax and stroking his neck.

"now that everyone's here, we should get goin to Edoras." I say and Gandalf nods, mounting on his steed.

Everyone follows suit, Aragorn and Gimli mounting on Hasufel while me and Legolas mount on Arod. Then we set off to edoras.

A/n: insanely short chapter but here's a lil maeral kinda realising she has lil feelings for legolas and have a crisis about this white blond elf 🥰🥰

anyways hope yall like this chapter and voted for it if you think it was good!!!