chapter 42: we will endure

*first person pov* (the words in italic are elvish btw)

Aragorn was behind me chatting with Eowyn, it irked my interest since they were on the topic of Arwen. But I was too distracted with what happened between me and Legolas last night I wasn't bothered enough to actually seep their words into my brain.

I left Legolas after the incident last night, the silence and tense between us too much for me to sit through. My head was also reeling from the fact that I actually almost kissed my best friend. And to think that he also leaned forward too just adds more to my delusional ass.

I didn't care to think about what he thought in his mind last night. My mind already filled with the moment replaying over and over again in my head.

But....maybe it was a mistake. To not lean back to him and to not ask him more about his feelings during the time. It's too late now though, I noticed that legolas was trying to avoid me more and also seemed upset with me.

It was a foolish thing. My feelings towards him. It made me feel-

"Mae are you alright? You seem a bit off today. Frowning to yourself and not talking a lot. You'd usually be more annoying than that." Darvyn says, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"I just decided to be a lil tolerable today." I say blankly. Before returning again to frowning and thinking about him.

"Okay cap'n you are not well you sure you ain't sick?" Darvyn says while putting a hand to my forehead. I swat his hand away from me.

"you're being paranoid Darvyn. I'm an elf. I can't get sick remember?"

Darvyn furrows his brow, then looked at the place where I was looking. A blur of blond long hair swishing around before vanishing forward on the road.

He gasps loudly, wide eyes and pointing to me and Legolas rapidly.

"What the fuck happened between you and blondie last night??" He basically screams. Making me put a hand to his big mouth. Hushing him and looking cautiously to Legolas.

"you idiot you know we can hear that right?" I whisper harshly. Making Darvyn shake his head and point to me.

"I'm not gonna shut up until you tell me what happened last night. I saw you sneaking off with him and staying with him for a looong time. Something happened between y'all I just know it." he says and I sigh.

I look at legolas who was far from us, but I know that if I told Darvyn what happened he'd hear it.

I bit my lip, before a brilliant idea came to my head. I reach into the insides of my bag, pulling out a paper and a pencil.

"Darvyn you must tell me you know how to read. I taught you better than to not know how to read." I say, the paper and pencil in my hands.

darvyn scoffs. "of course I know how to read. I know damn well you'd beat my ass if I don't."

"Good. Now walk in front of me and give me your back."

                                                                 *~*~*

I frantically scribble over the paper, giving Darvyn the whole story.

"alright done." I said, handing Darvyn the paper.

"Something good better happen for you guys to fight like this." He points to me before turning his gaze to the letter and starts to read it.

I wait anxiously as he pores over the paper. His eyes silently widening at times. His head also occasionally shakes in disapproval after he gives me a disappointed look.