Chapter 55: is it important?

*first person pov* (italics are elvish btw except for the song part)

There were voices all around. People were cheering, laughing, daring people to do things, reconciling over a fallen friend, and there was a drinking game in front of me.

So why did I feel so immensely lonely?

Maybe it was because I missed my friends, my crew. In another time, all of the people around me would be my crewmates. The sounds of gruffy laughing escaping their lips would be Jonathan. Or Ivan. Out of everyone they always had a louder and booming laugh.  

The table besides me who were having an arm wrestle would've been Radelia and Kiaan. They were always the muscle on the ship, and they'd like to taunt each other by challenging themselves with arm wrestling or lifting heavy things, and the person who drops it first loses.

Most of the times the game would end in a tie, or they would lose not long after the other does. Maybe in another life they would've been twins, the only thing distinct about them were just their face complexion and the fact that Kiaan is a human and lia is an elf.

The girls dancing to the music and singing to each other would be Freya and Daratrine. They always had a certain grace and femininity in them regardless of how strong they fight or do something considered "manly".

Astrid would be the old lady leaning against the pillars, arms crossed and a crease between her brows. Being the healer and health expert on our ship, she's the lookout and care taker whenever we drink. Especially if we're not on our ship and in a random tavern somewhere, she makes sure we don't end up hung over the next day because of the drinks. Or making sure a fight doesn't break out amongst us and the strangers.

Alva doesn't drink. Since what happened between her and her father she doesn't bother to drink anymore, afraid to end up exactly like him. So she's always the person who refills the drink, like Eomer here. But she always has more fun sober, so she never really misses out on anything.

Like the guy who is passed out two tables to my right, Emira would end up exactly like him early in the drinking. She's a major lightweight, so after 2 drinks she'd already passed out. Astrid just shakes her head and volunteers to carry her to her hammock. Where she would sleep like a dead person until 5 in the morning.

In which she would wake us up early as fuck when we just want to sleep.

I sigh. When I see my ship I'm gonna hug every single person in my crew.

Legolas and Gimli were still drinking. Gimli looked the worse for wear, his hair was a mess and foam was dripping on his beard. Legolas on the other hand, still looked well put and conscious.

Honestly well put is an understatement. He looked beautiful. He had his tunic on, the silver complimenting his blonde hair. His blue eyes shined in the brightly lit room, and not a single drop of the ale was spilled from his mouth. 

When I first set eyes on him I had to resist the urge to latch on to him and kiss his soft lips. He looked comfortable without his armour and journey garbs, it made me want to hold on to his hand and never let go. Never let him be more further from me ever again.

Legolas's eyes caught mine, he brought the tankard up to his lips and winked. A mischievous smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes at his arrogance, I couldn't help but smile at his confidence. He probably caught me staring at him, which was why he felt the need to acknowledge it. Shit, he better not sense what I was thinking or else we'll be in big trouble.

Gimli sniggers besides Legolas, which made me remember how the both of us weren't the only one in the room with each other's faces in front of us. 

Gimli slightly rises from his seat and farts. Eomer takes another take towards Gimli as he refills another cup for legolas.