chapter 66: lover instinct

*First person pov* (Kiaan is deaf so whatever he says is sign unless said otherwise)

"come on! chop chop, hoist the anchors we have a job to finish!" I clap my hands, walking along my ship.

"no more slackin off ya asses!" Radelia follows, her axes glinting against the sun.

People laughed around, no one was slacking off this time. Everyone did their work, the ship was filled with people walking around with things in their hands. It was the first time in a while I've ever seen the ship in such hectic state. It made me feel sad somehow, I was glad that for once they're doing their work yet....it was for a war.

I became a pirate captain so that I can grant freedom to people from something whilst also giving me a hand to handle the ship, being in a war between people like us was already fine but I did not meant for them to be in a war between the "good people". It was the very thing I wanted to avoid most.

I walk up the stairs, Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli trailing aimlessly behind us. 

I look at the main deck of my ship. Oh how I've missed this. 

"your station awaits." Kiaan in front of me gestures to the helm.

I put my hands in my pockets, striding over to the helm. I grin, wrapping my fingers around the familiar wooden edges of the wheel. 

"hello darling, it's been a long time ain't it?" I mumble as I wipe away some water from the helm.

"it's been hell hasn't it, being on land for so long." Emira scrunches her nose, out of everyone she's one of the few of us who actually grew up on water.

I shiver, shaking my head "You could not imagine it."

Aragorn squeezes in between seven of the girls, apologizing profusely every time he accidentally hits them. "Mae? sorry to interrupt but is there somewhere more..." Aragorn looks around the ship. "calmer? For us to discuss the war plan?"

"oh yeah sure, come on let's go below deck." I pat the helm two times. "I'll come back for you darling. In the meantime, you guys make sure everyone does their work and prepares. You don't forget to do yours too." I point at all of them. They nod and start to go down the stairs.

Gimli and Legolas stands to the side awkwardly, staring down at the wooden planks while the others go down. Boromir though, was leaning against the rails. He looked comfortable enough.

Funny, they're so mighty and outgoing but when it comes to being in the presence of pirates, they become cats that have been dipped in water. Bloody goody two shoes.

"Come on, Dar you come with us too."

                                                         *~*~*

The door squeals as I open it, I go inside first then followed by Dar and the others. The sunlight comes in through the two windows, illuminating the room well enough for us to see without blinding us.

"so, Aragorn what's the plan?" I sit down on my chair, kicking my feet up the table, my boots staining some of Alva's invention drawings.

Aragorn stands straighter, no longer trying to hide behind the shadows of others. Strider was gone, only the king of Gondor now remains.

He clears his throat. "We have the element of surprise, we as of right now are bringing the whole fleet over, which means that when the orcs see us, they won't suspect a thing."

"The army and I shall lay low below deck until all of you go out." The king of the dead appears in the middle of the room, his body sliced through the table, out of nowhere.