chapter 14: spoke too soon

*first person pov*

It's probably been an hour already and Gandalf is still thinking about which path we should go to, and I am actually very hungry.

whilst waiting for gandalf to remember the correct path, Pippin and Merry tell us stories of their shenanigans at the shire while occasionally sam or frodo would  cut in and say "oh yes i remember that" or say "It was the gossip of the shire for weeks" while merry and pip would just smile proudly at their fame, of being troublemakers.

Now we were all sitting in silence, everyone being worried and anxious and all.

"Are we lost?" Pippin speaks up

merry reassures Pippin, that we are not lost- "no, I dont think we are. Shhhh, gandalf is thinking"

"merry?" Pip says

"what?" Merry asks Pippin

"im hungry" Pippin says and merry rolls his eyes

"you always are thinking about food Pippin" merry says in annoyance to pippin

I shush Merry and point to Pippin and say "no no no Pippin has a point, I am right now also insanely hungry, I need food or I will literally scream"

merry shakes his head and say to me and Pip "All you both ever think of is food, even in times like this"

"hey!" me and pippin both say at the same time, offended.

"it's not our fault we like food." Pip says and i nod vigorously, very much agreeing with him

"Well you lot definitely won't be getting any as long as we're stuck here." Boromir says to us grimly

I groan out loud throwing my head back before looking ahead again.

out of boredom, a thought comes into my head and I nudge Pippin with my elbow and ask him "hey, you wanna play a game?"

Pippin and merry looks at each other, then me with their eyebrows raised "what game?" Merry asks me

"well" I say and stop leaning on the wall and straightening my back and tell them "This is a childhood game of mine. It's an absolute classic of a game back where I'm from. So basically, it's called chi ku pang. There's three characters in this game, the bird, rock and paper." I explain to them and Legolas quirks up and looks my way upon hearing the childhood game I teached him and played together with him. I extend both my hands to them, putting my fingers together. Thus both my hands shaping a bird like kind of look.

"this is how the bird looks like." I then shape a fist with my hands "this is the rock," I then change my hands from a fist to just showing my palm "now this is paper, got it?" They both nod at me.

"Alright, so basically this game will test your reflex and focus. You have to play with both your hands, Whenever the person whose turn it is makes for example, a rock move with their hand you must make any shape that is not the rock and if you make the same move you lose a hand and only play with one hand. Whoever loses both hands first, loses. Understandable?" They seem a bit confused but nod anyways.

I narrow my eyes at them, knowing damn well they don't understand shit but just shrug at them. "Alright, I'll start first- oh wait by the way, before you make any move remember to say chi ku pang first before doing the move." They nod at me

"okay now we'll start the game. Chi...Ku...Pang!" I put paper and Merry does the same move and loses an arm first

"HAH! You lost an arm!!" I tell him and Merry groans and puts an arm behind his back while Pippin and me laugh at him.