Chapter 6

A cry of pain tore from my mouth the moment I woke, and I tried to curl into a ball around the throbbing ache tearing at my stomach, but I couldn't. My eyes shot open, and an unfamiliar woman was staring down at me calmly. She had unbelievably long silver-white hair and bright red eyes set against alabaster skin.

My chest heaved as I gasped for breath and tore my eyes from hers to look down and see two strange-looking men holding my limbs down. One had wild reddish-brown hair and eyes identical to the king of Amegakure's, and the other had hair similar to the woman's, but not quite as long, and red eyes just a shade or two darker than hers.

Another cry left my lips, and my head fell heavily against whatever table or hard surface I lay on.

"Does it hurt, Sakura?" Her voice was quite husky for a woman's and held a condescending edge to it. I was too out of breath to respond. "What you feel now is nothing compared to my pain. You murdered my love, my Tenji."

I tried to speak, "I-I-Ino-"

"Your sister and Madara Uchiha are alive, I assure you. As if I would grant any of you the release of death."

My eyes shot open when she suddenly grabbed my jaw and forced her wrist against my lips, and I realized she was trying to make me drink her blood. I fought weakly, but some still managed to get into my mouth, and then she pulled away.

Slow and steady, the pain in my midsection lessened until it completely disappeared. My chest still heaved as my limbs shook, and I stared at her with half-lidded eyes. Just what type of power does this woman have that she can heal an undoubtedly fatal wound in a matter of seconds?

"How do you know my name?" I somehow managed to ask.

Her pale lips turned into a bitter smile, showing her sharp fangs, "I know every leaf's name on the tree of my lineage."

My brow furrowed, "Who are you?"

"My name is Kaguya Otsutsuki, but you may better understand if I identify myself as the Tanaka matriarch."

Blood-curdling terror shot through me, and my body refused to move as my mind reeled. Is she saying she's an original member of the Tanaka bloodline? That would make her probably thousands of years old. It would mean that there likely wasn't a single other being on the planet stronger than her.

My eyes searched hers in disbelief, and she stared at me in disgust. How has someone so powerful lived so close to Konoha without detection? If anyone knew she was alive, there'd be talk, but I haven't heard a thing. I've never even heard the name Otsutsuki before.

"Put her with the other one, my children."

I was forced upright onto my feet, and then we were moving. When I looked over at the two men pushing me forward, it was like I couldn't make out the features of their faces anymore. Actually, it was more like their faces were constantly changing in the dim lighting. A thick door opened, and I was thrown to the ground before it slammed shut behind me.

"Sakura!" Ino helped me to my feet, and I threw my arms around her in relief, happy to see the massive wound on her shoulder was completely healed, "Thank God!"

Her body shook as both of us cried momentarily, and then she spoke in a choked voice, "This is all my fault. I made you come along, and now look at us."

I pulled away and shook my head, "Worry about how you're gonna make it up to me after we get out of here, okay?"

She opened her mouth to respond, only to freeze with wide eyes as though I was speaking and saying something shocking. I leaned closer, giving her a cautious look, "Ino? Are you alright?"