🍂Chapter 9

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

"I thought of Rowan, he'd really like this place you know." Nate says.

For the past one hour I've heard him mentioned his friends more than my name, and I am sitting here trying to not be annoyed.

Work was really tiring today, and I feel so pressured by the work load that my stress is making me annoyed and I'm so close to snapping at Nate.

"You know Rowan wants to apologise..for the other day you know.." Here we go again." Maybe, when he comes back we can meet him, have lunch or something so he and my other friends can meet you."

I hummed in response.

" Isn't this your neighbour?" Nate pointed to someone at the other table.

" Oh yeah.. how do you know him?" I say as I turn to Nate again.

"Saw him the other day when I dropped you." Nate said. " Are you two close?"

"Jungkook and I?" He nods. "You could say that, I guess. I mean we aren't really close, I'm more close to his mom than him. Mrs Jeon has always been there for me, you know, even before mom passed away."

Unwantedly, I turn back and to my surprise Jungkook was looking at our table. His jaw clenched as his eyes fell on  the table.

Is he mad at what we ordered? Or is he mad at us holding hands? Why would he be though?

"We should probably say hello." Nate proposed.

I waved my hand at Jungkook to which he nodded.

"Is this how you usually greet each other?" Nate asked.

" I told you we aren't that close. Besides, he might be on a date too, I don't want to interrupt."

We finished dinner and walked out of the restaurant,holding hands as Nate's phone rang.

" It's mom..one second." He said as he picked up.

I motioned that I'll walk to his car so in the meantime he could talk to his mom. He gave me the keys and I head to the parking lot.

"Must have been a great date  considering you're walking alone to his car."

"For once you can try to not pass your sarcastic comment, Jungkook."

"I can yeah, but I don't want, that stupid boyfriend of yours-"

" He is on a call with his mom, and I'm tired so I wanted to walk to his car and just sit and wait because my heels hurt and now it's hurting more having to stand and talk to you. I'd love if you just leave me alone."

" Why are you so tired?"

" I work, and I get tired with work, because it has been too much these days, okay? I don't go, have lunch and joke around with my clients like you."

" What does that even mean?" He asked.

" That I am required to work nine to five everyday, I'm not free all the time like you."

"Is it my fault then?"

" I did not say that."

" I'm doing what I love but that doesn't mean I sit idle. You can't compare yourself to me, Y/N."

" I am not."

"Uhuh! Yet I can't understand why you're getting mad at me because of your job."

"Maybe because you prioritise your job that you love so much over a mother who loves you so much."

" Oh so you want to what? Taunt me about the other night?"

" tsk.. I just want you to know that maybe you should think about your mother a little."

" I think about her all the time, Y/N. You don't have to tell me what to do."

"Yeah? You do? Yet, you're on a date while she is crying for her son there everyday."

" I wasn't on a date, the woman was a potential client."

" Sure!"

" I just need some time away from home,okay? From my dad-"

" Then why are you punishing your mom for it. All she wants is her son and her husband to be finally om good terms so they can be the family she wants."

"It's hard when my dad doesn't get it."

"Maybe you should understand your dad then."

"Are you asking me to compromise? To leave what I love? To listen to my Dad and follow his path even if I don't want to?" He said in disbelief. " You're looking down on my job too,like him?"

" I don't-"

"I tried doing what he wanted me to do, but it just drains me out and exhausts me. I don't feel happy at all doing what he wishes for me. If I'm doing what I always dreamed of and I am actually happy, shouldn't he be proud of me?"

"Jungkoo-"

"Hey.. uh hi! Am I interrupting something?"

"Yeah you did." Jungkook said before I could answer Nate. " But never mind, I'm Jungkook."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Nate, Y/N's boyfriend."

They shake hand and I stand awkwardly  knowing that I just took out my frustration on Jungkook and it took a bad turn.

"I'll see you around then." Jungkook said as he looked at me.

I watched as he walked away before I could apologise.

" You alright?" Nate asked.

"Kinda..."

**************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Here's another update💜

I'm going to be busy maybe for the next few days as I have two exams coming. If I don't update again until this weekend, then the new chapter will be published after the 7th of December!

Don't forget to read and vote🌟

Thank you so much for being patient and understanding. Love y'all🥺💜