🍂 Chapter 28

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

As soon as work was over, I rushed to leave. Firstly, because I didn't want to see Nate, secondly and the most important reason is I just miss my bed.

I walked out of the elevator and as I was about to reach the exit door I hear the voice of the person I've been trying to ignore for almost a week.

" I see that you're in a rush." He said.

"Well, why did you stop me then?"

"I've been wanting to see you uh talk to you ever since I came-"

"Listen Nate, you've already made yourself comfortable here, so don't make it awkward for yourself."

"I'm not here for long, I just came because well I'm sure you heard about the representatives from France visiting, I was asked to accompany them."

"I didn't ask and I don't care. Just step aside, I want to go home already."

"I can drop you, then we can-"

"In case you forgot I dropped you long ago."

" Why are you being like this?"

"Because as I told you before, I don't want to see you."

"Is it because you have a boyfriend?"

"It'd be the same even if I was single. This isn't about my relationship status. This is about me. About what I want."

"Can we please talk elsewhere? Please? Please, Y/N." He pled.

"Make it quick."

I soon found myself in the joggers' park nearby sitting on a bench with Nate on the other end of the same bench.

"So, you are dating Jungkook huh?"

"Is this what you wanted to talk about?"

"I mean there is nothing wrong with getting little updates from each others' life, right?" He shrugged.

"Actually, what I do in my life is none of your concern, Nate and if you ask me, it's absolutely wrong to do the update things with an ex who cheated on me."

"Are you still mad about it?"

"Mad? No. But I'm disgusted that even after everything, you think you'd be that important for me to hold any such emotion against you."

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I didn't mean-"

"To cheat on me?" I interrupted him and he sighed while looking down. "You know what, I don't need your apologies. You did what you wanted to do and I don't care what you do in your life anymore."

"I'm apologising, Y/N. It happened and I couldn't stop myself that time."

"Are you listening to yourself?" I scoffed.

"Well, aren't you dating Jungkook now? And he is someone you knew since I don't know when. Doesn't that mean you were cheating?"

"Wow! Really? Now you want to make yourself believe that you aren't the only cheater. I never ever had anything for Jungkook, never ever did anything with him while we were together. Jungkook and I started dating just recently, not that's any of your business but don't try justify your mistakes by using this excuse."

My phone rang interrupting Nate before he could even speak.

"Hey, yeah. You're here! Yes, okay!" I hanged up. "I'm leaving, my boyfriend is here."

"Don't you think we could have been good together?" He asked.

"Only if you actually cared enough to make a true effort. You always chose other people before me. It was always your friends who'd come first for you and even when I thought I could give you a chance and we could work, you cheated on me multiple times and you still don't realise that this was something unacceptable in a relationship. However, trying to talk to me into getting back with you or forgiving you or trying to be my friend or anything would not work anymore. I've moved on in my life and I have the best people around who care enough not to hurt me."

I walked away before he could say anything more. Jungkook was leaning on his car, arms crossed and waiting for me there, and there was nothing else that I'd want except to have this man's arms around me.

"You okay?" He asked as soon as I reached the car.

"Yes; I am!"

"Do you want me to break his nose?"

"As hot as that is, I hate violence." I chuckled. "Let's go home, I'm hungry and tired."

He pressed his lips on my forehead and opened the car door for me.

"Aren't you such a gentleman." I said smilingly.

"Only for you, love."

God! He knows how to make my heart race.

"Told him, that's none of his business anyways." I was currently telling Jungkook everything that Nate and I talked about as we cuddled. "Pfft, but whatever."

"I'm glad you stood up to him though. If only you said yes, when I messaged you before you went with him, I'd come and punch his face for giving those useless excuses as his justifications."

I laughed.

"Well, I don't want to talk to him or see him anymore."

"Then don't."

"He is working here for a few days I guess."

"Ignore him! And if he tries something, just call me. I'll-"

I kissed him.

"I know. You'll break his bones."

"Yes." He said smilingly. " Now give me one more kiss."

He pulled me close and his lips met mine.

"If I knew that me talking about breaking someone's bones would make you kiss me like this, I'd have done it everyday."

"Shut up." I said as he laughed.

And I wish every day ends like this, with him..

**************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I wrote this really quick! Just a short and a quick update!

Btw, did you check out my new fanfic MEANT TO BE?

I am in such a rush tonight! But I'll come back soon and post another chapter💜

Thank you for being patient and for understanding! Thank you so much!🥺

Don't forget to share and vote🌟

See you soon!