🍂 Chapter 31

< °°JUNGKOOK's P. O.V°° >

"His daughter is a designer?" My mom asks.

"Interior designer, yes!" My dad replied.

I actually had no idea about who they were talking about. My mind drifted the beautiful and amazing woman I left at my place.

Honestly, I feel so bad. Maybe, we could have been cuddling right now or maybe we could have done something else. The images of "something else" popped in my mind making me want to go back home and act on it.

"Have you thought about it, Jungkook?" My mom asks pulling me away from my thoughts.

"Huh? Sorry I wasn't paying attention."

"About settling down?"

"Oh yeah, I did." I answered only to have my mom looking at me with a shocked expression and my dad seemed taken aback as well.

"You did?"

"Yeah, why didn't Jeonghan come tonight?" I asked.

"There is some kind of function that he was invited to with family, so he took them there."

"Ahh okay."

Nervousness made me try change the topic. As badly as I wanted my family to know about my girlfriend, I was still a little nervous about how they'd react.

But I had already made up my mind. I love Y/N and I wanted to settle down only with her.

Everyone chewed silently and cleared my throat.

"I have a girlfriend." My mom choked and my dad looked up from his plate.

"I'm dating Y/N." I added.

"Y/N? Our Y/N?" Mom asked curiously.

"Yes, we've been dating for a few months now and since you were talking about settling down, I- I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but I'm serious about her. I mean we are serious about each other, and I want to live the rest of my life with her." I admitted.

"Very well. Why didn't you bring her tonight?" My dad asked and it surprised me that he didn't have any issue with me dating someone other that who he might have set me up with.

"I wanted to tell you first! I can bring her to the next family dinner."

"We'd be happy to have at every family dinners. Oh it took you so long to actually do this. But finally." She clapped. " I'm happy for both of you."

I smiled in return.

We finished dinner and my dad went in his room to rest after taking his medicines as I helped my mom cleaning up the kitchen.

"If you want to, you can go ahead and talk to him."

"I'm good, mom."

"I know you want to talk to him, so just go."

"I'm helping you clean up,I'll talk to him later."