🍂 Chapter 17

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

When I met Nate at the airport, every bit of tiredness turned into nervousness. I was more nervous than tired. Obviously, because we were working on our relationship but also because I was meeting after months and I knew nothing about this place and his life here even if we daily updated each other, it's not that we saw each other everyday.

It felt different. I was feeling a little uneasy, and I wanted to fly back home as soon as I landed. The exciting feeling of meeting my boyfriend again was lost somewhere and I don't know why. Maybe, because Nate was giving some odd energy as well. He felt different and I wasn't sure if it was a good different.

Two days went by faster than I imagined, and I spent quality time with Nate. I pushed away those negative thoughts and tried cooperating with him. He was trying, I could see and yet I felt like I wasn't here. What was it? I couldn't understand.

Tonight, we were invited at a bar by some of Nate's friends. At first I thought, it'll be repeated and I'll find myself alone at home waiting for when my boyfriend frees himself from his friends but I was wrong. He asked me to come with him and said that his friends wanted to meet me as well when he told them I was here.

I got dressed up on time and Nate was still getting ready. As soon as he was done, he rushed out of his room murmuring how he is always late at these type of thing. I smiled and ignored the little awkwardness of having to stand there and waiting for him to get his keys and everything while he didn't even look at me once.

Pfft! I tried my best with dressing up today!!

"And this is Maria and Louis!" Nate introduced the last two friends at the table to me.

To be honest, it wasn't that bad. I thought I'd feel a little out of place but I wasn't. Maria was sitting next to me and she was super friendly. We talked so much but from time to time my eyes shifted on Nate, he was talking to Vera who was sitting next to him. They seemed pretty close.

The way Vera was laughing, the little touches, the way her eyes were shining while talking to him, Nate's little smirks, and that playful mood.

I felt the uneasiness coming back again. That odd feeling that I tried pushing away ever since I came here, I met Nate, saw him multiple times on his phone, smiling at his screen. Even though he spent so much time with me the last two days, tonight everything is starting to make sense.

"So, Y/N, you planning to move here?" Louis asked suddenly.

"Not yet!" I answered.

At this point, I wanted to go home. I didn't want to stay here and witness my boyfriend cheating on me in front of me.

"Well, you should think about Nate. He is barely surviving." Vera said in a mocking tone,totally indicating that it was the opposite actually.

" He made some good friends,I'm sure he'll survive more days without me."

"To be honest, why wouldn't he?"

This is going to turn real bad.

" Yeah, I mean I can see, he is enjoying his life."

"Well, I'm making sure that he does." Vera added and Nate shifts on his seat.

"Thank you very much, you can continue doing that for I have no interest in handling shit." I replied and grabbed my bag to head out.