🍂 Chapter 16

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

"And I thought you were smart!" Jimin said as he throws himself on my couch. "I can't believe you gave him another chance."

"Are you calling me stupid?"

"Well, are YOU stupid?"

"No. I told him the second he messes up, I'll walk away." I said.

"Isn't it another chance to walk all over you again?" Jimin asked.

"I like him, enough that-"

"Enough that you want him to show you how unimportant you are to him again? Enough that you'll allow him to hurt you again?" Jimin said raising his tone.

"Am I interrupting something?" Jungkook said as he walks slowly in the living room. "Umm, sorry, I just came to meet my mom, thought of seeing you, the door was open so I- sorry.."

He said as he rubbed his neck awkwardly.

"Actually you came at the right time, put some sense in your neighbour's head for me, please." Jimin said.

"Why? What happened?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin and I both started narrating the whole situation about Nate to Jungkook, while arguing with each other at times.

"Okayy..." Jungkook cuts us off in the middle of our bickering. " I think Y/N is old enough to take her own decisions, if she thinks she should give that guy a chance, then it's all up to her."

"Yeah, and when that guy would hurt him again, she'll just- Don't you think it's all like she is giving him the weapon to hurt her?" Jimin asked in an upset tone.

"I get that you are worried about me, but trust me this is the last chance, if he messes up, we are done."

"It's long distance, Y/N. He didn't even treat you like you deserve while being close to you. What do you think he'll do now when he is going so far away from you?"

"Well, if things go right, I might consider moving."

"For him?" Jimin asked.

"No, for us, that is if he actually is serious about us."

"Didn't you get enough hints-"

"Jimin, I think since Y/N wants to give Nate a chance, we should try and understand her. It must have not been easy for her as well, but maybe this time it'll work."

"What if it does not?"

"Y/N isn't alone. Is she?" Jungkook added.

Jimin shakes his head saying no but still not being able to mask his upset expression.

I know Jimin. We've been friends for so long. We've been so close, he knows almost everything about me and not once I felt uncomfortable with him. He always made me feel safe, and this is why I spent so much time with him without worrying because I know that he respects me and loves me so much.

I also know that at this time Jimin is right, I shouldn't have given Nate another chance, but I don't know why I couldn't do it. I didn't want to lose any more people anymore. I didn't want to go through the feeling of being abandoned.

I can't thank Jungkook enough for trying to make Jimin understand my point of view. I'm glad he was here at this time and instead of going all against me, he supported me and at this times sitting on my couch watching Jungkook trying to change the topic to lighten the mood for Jimin and me, I knew that I wasn't alone.

Did I do the right thing by giving Nate a chance? I'm not sure, but I didn't want to let him go. Was it because I liked him? Maybe. Or maybe it's because I have the fear of losing the people I care about, the people I love, the people I get attached to...

There is nothing wrong with trying again though..

"You okay?"Jungkook asked as he joined me in kitchen." What are you cooking?"

"Fried rice! Is that okay?"

"I'm okay with it! Are you okay?"

"I guess yeah!" I replied.

"Jimin isn't mad at you. He is just worried." Jungkook stated.

"I know. Pfft! Am I taking a wrong decision?"

"You wanted to try, right?" I nodded." Then just try and see how it goes. It's better to try rather than regretting not trying later."

"Hmm.."

"Want some help?" He asked.

"Naa..I'm fine but thanks!" I smiled. "So, you finally came to visit your mom."

"Just because Dad wasn't here, and well Mom, you know, I feel bad for making her go through all of this. It's like she is torn between me and my Dad."

"Well, atleast you came to your senses." I teased.

"Yeah, yeah.." He rolled his eyes, making me laugh.

🍂🍂🍂🍂

After a few days, Nate left for Paris. We did in fact spend some time together before he left, and he did promise me he'll text me as soon as he reaches.

He did as he said. It's been a few months, things have been surprisingly well. Nate and I are good, we're managing the long distance pretty well.

We shared our daily routine with each other. We video called whenever we had free time even if it was just for ten minutes, just to see each other.

I remember when he landed in Paris, he asked me to take some few days off to visit him. For the past few days, I've been thinking about it and so I talked to Nate and so I booked my tickets and took a few days off from work.

" You got everything?" Jungkook asked as I plop myself on the couch next to him.

"Yep!"

"So, what are we watching guys?" Jimin said as he brings a big bowl of popcorn.

"We are having a sleepover at my place and I didn't know?"

"Well, we are going to miss you so much, which is why, we are having a movie night!!"

"Atleast Jungkook is going to London for that exhibition thingy but you, you'll have no one to annoy." I said as I poke him.

"We are watching The Notebook." Jimin said, completely ignoring me.

"Oh no, not again!" Jungkook and I said together which made Jimin kick both of us.

**************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

My holidays will be over soon, in like two weeks or something and then classes will be starting again. Uggh! I hope I can still update y'all even when classes start.

Anyways, I hope you like this chapter.
Remember to take care of yourselves and appreciate the little achievements or even if you're just pushing through the day, it's a big thing, so appreciate yourself💜

See you soon🫰🏼

Don't forget to share and vote🌟

BORAHAE💜