🍂 Chapter 10

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

"I don't know until when this will keep going on." Mrs Jeon says as I help her set the dining table. "I don't think Jungkook will come tonight."

"He'll be back when he feels better. Right now, I guess he needs some time away." I reply as I remember my conversation with Jungkook.

"You think he-"

"Jungkook won't be able to make it for dinner tonight." Jeonghan said as he walked in the dining room.

"See, I just knew.." His mom added sadly.

"It's okay,Mom. You know he'll come when he feels better. Dad isn't make it easier either, he needs to understand that he doesn't have to keep involving himself in Jungkook's life like this."

"I talked to him, he is just so stubborn. When he'll realise that his actions pushed his son away, I'm afraid it'll be too late." Mrs Jeon said.

" Yeah, first it was Jungkook's career, now he wants him to settle down."

Settle down? Huh? His father tried set him up with someone?

" Why did Dad fix that date for him?" Jeonghan asked.

"Because she was a nice girl." Mr Jeon walks in as he states. " Isn't it time for him to settle down? He should be happy he is getting someone as nice as that family. With his job, he wouldn't be able to get anyone this respectable."

"Please-"

"What do you guys want? Him to roam around with different girls everyday? This is the reputation you want? For him? For us? Even if he left this house, people know him, they see him with different women, at restaurants, parties, how do you think I feel?"

"And how do you think he feels?" I say unable to stop myself. " Have you ever thought about how is he feels? Knowing that his father is disappointed in everything that he does? The women those people saw him with they could be his clients and yet you're on to believe what others tell you rather than asking your son. I know this is your family matter but I can't bear someone looking down that much on their own son who has done nothing except for trying to be a capable, good and successful person so you could be proud of him, but it's just so sad to see that no matter how hard he tries, you keep showing him that he isn't enough."

Everyone remained silent as I finished. One will think I'd feel the regret for standing up to Jungkook's father but I felt relieved.

Maybe Jungkook is annoying but he doesn't deserve this, he doesn't deserve his own father backbiting him.

"I'm going to excuse myself." I said before walking out.

🍂🍂🍂🍂

"I'm here, yes." I said

"Make sure to convince him to fit us in his busy schedule." My boss said.

"I'll go knock.. Oh what's his name again?" I asked.

"JK." He replied." I'll leave you to it then."

I hanged up and knocked the door. After a fee seconds,the door opened and I put on my best smile,ready to greet the owner but the sight of the gorgeous man in front of me didn't just take my breath away but shocked me too.