🍂 Chapter 22

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

As soon as I reached home after the trip, I had to face the reality again. The same old waking up in the morning, going to work, coming back home, finding something to eat, just the same old routine.

Jungkook and I haven't met since and even if I was so thankful that he was with me at the time that I needed someone, I barely found time to actually tell him that. Not that we didn't talk, but occasionally he'll send a message and ask me if I was okay or how was work, it never really got past that.

However after two weeks, Jimin invited us to the bar, and we decided to go for a couple of drinks. Jimin, as he claimed, he missed us so much and wanted to catch up since it's been so long since he actually went out and I think I might find an opportunity to talk to Jungkook again.

"I totally get it, she could have told me, right? That she isn't into men?" Jimin said as he take a sip of God knows what he ordered.

"Or you should probably keep your hands to yourself, instead of flirting with every woman that you meet." I shrugged.

"Are you saying that's my fault?"

"I mean maybe?"

Jungkook chuckles and Jimin throws his head back and groans.

"I want to actually date someone." He confessed. " But there's no one. Pfft! No one."

"Oh I know right!" I laugh. "We are going to die single."

"That does make me feel better bestie, atleast we'll die single together." Jimin fakes a cry.

"Ahh life.." I sighed.

"Sucks.." Jungkook added.

The night went on, Jungkook and I started bickering over every little thing and Jimin was finding it super entertaining I supposed since he was wearing this amused expression.

Jimin was so drunk and I was laughing at all the stupid faces that he made. Well, to conclude, I was having a good time and at this moment I felt like nothing could go wrong.

Just then, Jungkook's phone rang and it was a little loud here, he excused himself and went out to pick up the call. Apparently, it was his brother.

"I'll have to leave!" Jungkook said as he rushed to our table. "I'll drop you guys home first."

I was trying to read his expression, but in vain.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Dad, he has been hospitalized. I need to be there, I- I'll drop you home first, Jimin is too drunk, I can't leave you guys here."

As soon as he mentioned it, I was already on my feet and as Jungkook told me the hospital his dad was in, I figured it'd be easier to drop Jimin and I at Jimin's place, since his house was closer to the hospital.

"Will you be fine?" Jungkook asked as he placed Jimin carefully on the bed.

"We'll be okay! You go! They need you there!"

He nodded,unsure of what to say and heads to the door as I followed behind him.

"I.." He hesitated as he reached for the knob. "If anything happens-"

"If anything happens, you call me." I cut him off. "Jimin is too drunk, and I'm going to stay with him for the night, but if there's anything, Jungkook, you call me, regardless of the time, you call me. Okay?"

"Okay!" He muttered.

"Text me when you reach there and update me, okay?" I said.

He hummed.

"Okay, now go and um and just drive safe."

He nodded before giving me a side hug and then he left.

I sat in Jimin's living room, waiting and praying that it's nothing serious!

After a few minutes, I got a text from Jungkook informing me that he reached the hospital and that his father isn't doing that well.

I wanted to leave for the hospital at that moment but it's like Jungkook knew what I was thinking and I got another text from him asking me to sleep for a few hours and meet him in the morning at the hospital.

**************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

AND finally an update! Ahhgh I know it sucks to wait so much but I can't tell you how grateful I am that you guys understand🥺🫶🏼

I hope you liked this chapter and I'll try update soon!

My assignments are still pending but by the end of this month, I'll be more free then I hope I'll be able to update as much as I want to and maybe publish a new fanfic as well.

ALSO, ADD ME ON INSTA GUYS AND LET'S BE FRIENDS that is if you want to🥹 The picture below is my profile🥹🫶🏼

Anyways, I hope you're having a good day or night! Take care of yourselves and remember that you're your first priority💜

Don't forget to share and vote🌟

See you soon, Borahae💜

P.S: I MISS JUNGKOOK!