🍂 Chapter 27

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

We walked side by side, in silence. Hands brushing with each others.

Does he maybe want to hold my hand?

"So.." I said as we entered the children's playground. "How is umm things with your dad?"

"Fine, I guess. We haven't talked about the past years, yet. But we're okay? I think." He shrugged.

I sat on the bench and Jungkook followed.

"The playground changed so much." I said.

"Yeah.."

"Remember when you used to intentionally spin that thing faster and I'd yell at you asking you to stop but you wouldn't. You were such an evil."

"I remember, and you'd cry and I'd get scolded by mom." He laughed.

" You deserved it." I nudged his knee with mine.

We both stared at the sky. It's nice. The feeling of sitting with someone and looking at the sky at night is nice and despite the cold breeze, I get this warm feeling.

"About the night-"

"No." I cut Jungkook's off before he could even talk about it. "Don't ruin the moment."

"You didn't even hear me yet." He said.

I didn't respond to him. What was it actually? Nervousness? A fear that I might not like what he was about to say? I don't know.

"I like you." He said, startling me.

"What are you-" Jungkook placed his hand on mine to stop me.

"Please, let me finish before." He requested. "I always had a crush on you."

I gasped.

"But, but you wouldn't even talk to me!" I told him.

"I thought I told you to let me finish first." I pretended to zip up my lips. "I wouldn't talk because I wasn't sure if I could be the person you'd like to. I thought pushing away all the feelings was the best thing to do, seeing as to how I wanted to focus on my studies and make my parents proud."

He sighed and then continued.

"I was so young then, besides you seemed to be friends with everyone except me. You were the total opposite of me, I didn't know why exactly you occupied my mind all the time. At first, I thought it'd all stop, and one day I'll just get over it, but seeing you everyday, smiling, laughing with my brother, with your friends, you were just ahh you were just so you and you don't know how many times I wished I was the one you smiled at, how many times I wished I was the reason behind your smile and that laugh, but I wasn't confident enough then, to be honest I'm not really when it comes to you.."

"Jungkook.."

"I know.."

"Then why did you always try to pick a fight with me or just annoy me?" I asked.

"Because that was the least I could get from you. You wouldn't laugh with me but you'd get a reaction when I say things or did things to annoy you and that I guess was enough for me. Atleast, that time it was." He chuckled.

"And here I thought you hated me." I said.

"I never did. I wanted to be your friend actually."

"And you really had a weird way of showing that." I elbowed him.