Friends (pt.2)

Wednesday's pov:

At last I'm back at the dorm. I've had a stressful yet exciting day only one thing can help clear and calm my thoughts. With Things help I bring my cello out to the terrace so I can play as loud as I please. Not more then five minutes pass when I hear the door open. It's Enid.
-"how the hell did you get that oversized violin out the window?"
She asks. More upset than she should be. We haven't really talked for days.
-"I had an extra hand"
I reply. She looks down and Thing waves at her.
-"woah"
She says, backing up a bit. Just then we hear the sounds of the werewolf kids howling. Enid looks bummed and disappointed.
-"why aren't you wolfing out?"

Enid's pov:

Well leave it to Wednesday to be blunt.
-"I can't.."
I reply, wanting to cry. I release my claws and show them to her.
-"this is all I've got"
I say.
-"my mom says some wolves are late bloomers but I've been to the best lycanologysts...had to fly to Milwaukee would you believe it?"
I say, sullenly leaning over the balcony.
-"yeah they say there's a chance I might never...you know.."
I say not wanting to face the reality of it, I don't know why I'm telling her this but I just feel comfortable talking to her. Wednesday looks down sympathetically.
-"what happens then?"
She asks.
-"I'd be kicked out of my family pack, and my prospect of finding a mate"
I say as my voice turns shaky. Wednesday looks as though she's thinking for a moment.
-"I'm failing to spot the problem here"
She replies.
-"I could die alone!"
I exclaim on the brink of tears.
-"why are you crying?"
Wednesday asks in disgust.
"Cause I'm upset!"
I yell.

-"haven't you ever cried, or you above that too?"
I ask without thinking. Wednesday seems taken aback and thinks for a moment.
-"it was the week after Halloween..."
She says. I wipe my tears away to listen. Could this sad little girl finally be opening up?
-"I was six years old. I took my pet scorpion Nero out for his afternoon stroll when we were ambushed..."
Ok so this wasn't exactly what I was expecting but at least she was opening up...kinda.
-"they wondered what kind of freak would have a scorpion as a pet. Two of them held me down and made me watch while the others ran him over until he died...it was snowing when I buried him and I cried my little black heart out."
Woah she looks really sad. I don't know what to do or how to feel.
-"but tears don't fix anything. So I vowed never to do it again"
She says, finishing her story.
-"thank you for telling me.."
I say, still partly wiping tears away. We both look down sadly.
-"I still think your weird as shit though"
I say, trying to lighten the mood.
-"oh the feeling is incredibly mutual"
She replies. I smile warmly. I wonder what it'll take to make this girl smile.
-"...how would you like your single room back?"
She asks looking back up at me.
-"all I need is for you to let me borrow your computer"
I think for a moment. I don't want her to leave but I care enough to help her.
-"deal"
I reply trying to hide my slight sadness.

Wednesday's pov:

Luckily Tyler has agreed to take me to the train station, free of charge too. We plan to meet up at the fair tonight.

Enid's pov:

Well I guess this is it, so much for building a life long friendship with my roomie...it's finally time for the fair.
-"you sure you can trust that normie?"
I ask looking over at Tyler, hoping I can make her change her mind. She thinks for a moment.
-"I'm sure I can trust myself"
She replies.
-"fair enough, I'm gonna miss you"
I say leaning in for a hug. Wednesday quickly backs up.
-"still not a hugger...got it..."
I reply, trying desperately to hide my disappointment. Without much of another word she walks off to Tyler. Well... I guess me and Wednesday weren't meant to be. I'll hopefully get a roommate next semester.

Wednesday's pov:

I still have many questions about last night. I saw Rowen be ripped apart right in front of me. So how come he was alive this morning when the police showed up? My therapist and everyone else already think I made the whole thing up, maybe I'm slowly slipping into madness...this is much less fun then I anticipated. I need Enid. I walk out to the field where I know Enid is working on her canoe for the Poe cup race.
-"if Bianca wins again this year I will LITERALLY claw my own eyes out!"
I hear her yell to Yoko.
-"I'd pay to see that."
I reply.
-"Wednesday!"
She cheerfully exclaims, trying to hug me again.
-"so glad you decided to stay"
-"I thought you wanted your single dorm back?"
I ask confused.
-"full disclosure I don't like living solo and Thing gives a killer neck massage. It's a win win"
She says smiling.
-"hm, what are you doing?"
I ask looking at the canoe.
-"just finishing up our canoe for the Poe cup"
-"what is the Poe cup anyway?"
I ask. No one had really clarified it for me.
-"part canoe race, part foot race, and only my ENTIRE reason for living right now!"

Enid's pov:

I just had a fantastic idea! Could the Poe cup be my way of bonding with Wednesday??
-"Mrs. Thornhill's out ordering pizza...wanna take a stab at being social?"
I ask. Since I mentioned stabbing maybe she'll take the bait. She thinks for a moment.
-"I do like stabbing... but I have other matters to attend to."
-"that's fine, as long as your lakeside cheering us on"
I reply, trying to be cheery. She stares blankly at me.
-"...or you can just glare uncomfortably"
I say awkwardly.

Wednesday's pov:

I actually would've loved to help Enid with the canoe. I don't know why. I'm not typically a fan of helping others without something in return. But I really do need to figure out this whole Rowen situation.
-"I need to speak with Rowen. I can't find him anywhere"
I say, barging into principal Weems office.
-"that'll be impossible I'm afraid. He's been expelled."
She replies.
-"for what?"
I ask confused.
-"endangering a classmate."
She replies looking down at her papers. I turn to leave.
-"oh actually you can't leave just yet"
She says.
-"why not?"
-"we'll not until you pick your extra curricular activity"
She says with a smile.
-"though I doubt you'll find something that tickles your fancy"
-"last person to tickle me lost a finger."
I say angrily leaving the room. Since I know principle Weems will be watching me I send thing to find Rowen while I make my rounds to all the clubs.

Xavier is becoming a bit of a nuisance to deal with. He keeps advising me not to talk to Tyler and seems jealous of my interactions with him. Thankfully I've found a club far away from the school and with practically no members sadly though Things returned with no news on Rowen, apparently he lost him at the train station. Yet again I need Enid.
-"I have to return to the woods but Weems has been watching me like a hawk"
-"and you need me as decoy to return to the scene of a crime that didn't happen?"
She says smugly while painting the canoe.
-"I have bee keeping club this afternoon and need you as decoy"
-"can't, two strikes and bee's total creep me out. Why don't you ask Thing oh wait you can't because he's mad at you"
She replies, as though mocking me. God I love her- wait what? No I don't.
-"why's he mad?"
I ask completely confused.
-"he's the one who failed me"
I mumble.
-"all I know is we spent an hour giving each other mani's and he really opened up. He feels you don't respect him as a person"
-"well technically he's only an appendage"
-"Wednesday! He's your family, and he'd do anything for you"
She pauses for a moment as though to think.
-"now go apologize and I'll reconsider covering for you"
How dare she command me! I'll apologize to Thing but not cuz of her. I'd never let someone tell me what to do.

Enid pov:

I can't believe Wednesday talked me into this! I'm totally gonna die.
-"if Weems comes in just remain quiet and work on something"
She says to me as I put the bee keeping suit on.
-"karmas gonna be a bitch!"
I say, wanting to cry.
-"I'd expect nothing less"
She says cutely, then walks to Eugene.

Wednesdays pov:

-"Blab any of this and I will murder you"
I say to Eugene.
-"snitches get stung. It's hive code"
Eugene says with a dorky smile.
-"plus I should be thanking you"
He adds.
-"why?"
-"this is the most girls I've ever had in the hive, besides bees of course"
He whispers.
-"shocking"
I reply dryly.
-"plus I've always had a thing for werewolf chicks"
He whispers, referring to Enid. I know Eugene doesn't stand a chance with Enid but his interest in her still upsets me.
-"the chances of Enid ever being romantically interested in you is less than 1%"
I say upset.
-"you mean I still got a shot!?"
He says happily and skips over to Enid.