The End? (Pt.3)

Wednesday's pov:

-"I heard you visited me all the time"
Eugene says with a slight laugh as he plays with a stuffed bee someone had gotten him as a get well gift.
-"don't ever mention it again"
He smiles.
-"I've been meaning to tell you...I shouldn't have gone to the dance"
I say slightly putting my head down, disappointed in my actions.
-"hey when the dance floor calls you gotta answer"
He replies and I lift my head in slight shock. Because of me he literally almost died but he's ok with it? I must've severely underestimated Eugene.

-"well, the monster is still on the loose which means you can't go back to Nevermore. Not even to check on your bees"
I say almost like a mom, stern but light at the same time. He looks away a bit disappointed.
-"you have to listen to me this time"
I say, almost pleading. I've become very fond of Eugene and I don't know what'd I'd do if he got hurt again because of me.

-"...someone set fire to that cave"
He says.
-"yes."
I reply a little too quickly as I nod my head.
-"dr. Kinbott"
I state.
-"dang that's crazy, I just saw someone wearing black and those boots..."
He says, his voice trailing off as he thinks back.
-"what about the boots?"
I ask intrigued, this could be a clue.
-"I thought..just for a second that maybe they weren't black...they were red"
Suddenly upon hearing this everything snaps into place more perfectly than those children's puzzles.
-"I need to go! Stay away from the school!"
I yell as I dart out of the room.
-"Mrs. Addams what are you doing!?"
Weems yells.

-"principal Weems I need you to trust me one last time, I know who the killers are and I can prove it. Legally. If I'm wrong you can send me away but PLEASE... I don't wanna see my friends get hurt"
I say sternly, looking into her eyes almost begging that she'd believe me. She sighs.
-"very well Mrs. Addams, what's your plan?"
She says as she leads the way back to the car.
-"really?"
I ask surprised, shocked she'd actually hear me out.
-"I may not believe in your technique but I DO believe you want to help your friends, so...for old times sake I'm willing to hear you out"

I feel a warm feeling inside. Maybe Weems wasn't a complete monster...
-"we need to go to Mrs. Thornhill's greenhouse, I'll explain on the way"

Enid's pov:

-"t-thanks for inviting me over"
Ajax says.
-"thanks for coming over"
I say, putting my hand on his and looking in his eyes.
-"soooo what do ya wanna do?"
He asks with a smile.
-"maybe we can do this?"
I say, kissing him. He smiles.
-"if it'll make you feel better"
He says with a slight laugh and a big smile as he leans in to kiss me again. After a bit though we just start talking.
-"do you miss her?"
-"what do you mean?"
Ajax turns to me.
-"what do you mean what do I mean? Do you miss Wednesday"
He reasks. I look back up at the ceiling as we lay next to each other on my bed.

Ajax's pov:

-"...I do. But I'll get over it"
Enid says, still starting up at the roof. I frown a bit and turn to look back up as well. I don't think Enid likes me that much...I'm ok with it though, she's caused me to think about a lot as well. But I don't think I can just sit by while she's in pain, for some reason she just won't admit it.
-"it's ok you know..not to be ok Enid"
She turns to me, her eyes suddenly glossy and her face with broken shock. She doesn't say a word but I can read her expression "that's what Wednesday said" it reads. She wipes her eyes a bit and looks back up at the roof.

-"yeah...a good friend of mine once helped me realize that"
She says with a saddened smile.
-"I really like you, you know that Ajax?"
She says, still not looking at me. Enid...why are you doing this to yourself?

Wednesdays pov:

I walk up to Mrs. Thornhill as she messes with some chemicals. She turns around and jumps back a bit upon noticing me. She does a relieved sigh.
-"oh Wednesday it's just you, I thought you had already left?"
She asks with her normal cheerfully dorky demeanor.
-"I should've known it was you"
She looks at me confused.
-"faking your own death"
I continue.
-"securing your job here at Nevermore, typically I have admiration for well educated revenge plots but yours was a bit extreme. Wouldn't you say, laurel?"
I ask. She laughs, rolls her eyes, and takes a tray of flowers over to another shelf.

-"you can't throw out WILD accusations without consequences"
She says, turning back to me.
-"Tyler told me everything"
She tilts her head in mild confusion.
-"what do you mean?"
She asks. Just then I turn to see Tyler emerge from the shadows. The only think Mrs. Thornhill doesn't know, that I do, is that the "Tyler" that has just entered the room is actually Mrs. Weems.
-"you manipulated him by showing him what his mother truly was"
I state.

-"knowing that would enslave him to you"
I say taking a step towards her.
-"and that was scary at first so you used the cave and the shackles.."
-"t-that's ridiculous!"
She says but I just look at her and she realizes her covers been blown.
-"ughh that's enough"
She says taking off her glasses.
-"Tyler, take care of this for me will you?"
She says, leaning on her desk. "Tyler" looks at me.

-"he's not on your side."
I state.
-"Tyler will do anything, for me"
She says rolling her eyes. She then walks over to "Tyler".
-"Tyler..I'm the one who showed you her your mother TRULY was. Remember, those outcasts made you a monster"
She says in practically a whisper as she disturbingly rubs "Tyler's" chest, looking into his eyes.
-"if this is because of outcasts why's he killing normies as well?"
I ask. Laurel takes her hands off "Tyler's" chest and turns back to me.
-"they're just pawns in a bigger game"
She says.
-"I sent Tyler here to intercept you"
She says with a smug smile as she points back to "Tyler".

-"I never made it to the station"
I reply. Dumb bitch. Sorry...I've been overhearing too much of those stupid reality tv shows from Enid's side of the room.
-"heard about enough Weems?"
I ask. Laurels face drops and she turns to look. There she sees who she thought was Tyler nearly double in size revealing principal Weems.
-"please don't make this more difficult than it already is, Marilyn"
Weems says in a calm tone as she looks down at laurel.
-"my name's not MARILYN!"
Laura yells as she slams a syringe into Weems's neck. Weems's face crunches in pain. She starts seizing up and foaming at the mouth as she collapses to the floor. I rush over, it's nightshade poisoning...

I don't know what I can do but I know it's nightshade poisoning. My now favorite teacher has practically JUST been killed by my ex favorite teacher. Fuck this can't be happening, I really shoulda had a back up plan. Finally I watch as the last bit of life escapes principal Weems.
-"a fitting end don't ya think?"
I hear Laurel say, I turn to face her and the last thing I see is the back of a shovel...

I guess this is how I die.

I'm sorry Enid, I should've told you I was questioning my feelings instead of hiding them like a coward.
I'm sorry Eugene, I should've been a better friend and been with you that night. You should've never been in the hospital.
I'm sorry Weems, because of me you are now dead. I was too stubborn for my own good and didn't realize maybe you knew what you were doing.
Nevermore, I'm sorry. I have failed you.