Welcome home

Wednesday's pov:

-"Sweetie! How was the trip back?"
My mother asks, opening her arms to hug me as I enter the house.
-"mhm great mother"
I quickly reply, rushing upstairs. I know I should at least greet her and my father properly but I can't right now. I can't really focus on anything right now. I toss my phone on my bed and stare at it intently from my desk chair. Enid now has my number so I'm expecting a text. No..I NEED her to text. I need her to clarify why she kissed me! I don't understand what happened.

I mean this wasn't the first time she's kissed me but she was under a spell last time but as far as I know she isn't now.

Is she??

Enid's pov:

Why'd I do that? Why'd I do that? Why'd I do that?? Ugh! I can't stop thinking about it. "It's an I like you thing" ugh how stupid does that sound!? Omg and then I kissed her! She'll hate me. She doesn't even like when we hug! What made me think it was a good idea to kiss her!?

Oh my god...does that count as me confessing my feelings?? This is it, I'm dead. I've lost my best friend. There's no way she'll wanna talk to me now. I've-
Suddenly I hear a ding and look down at my phone.

(RANDOM NUMBER):
-'are you under a spell?'

Me:
-'huh? Who's this??'

(RANDOM NUMBER):
-'oh apologies, it's Wednesday.'
-'are you under a spell??'

I feel my face burn up as I read her texts. H-how'd she get my number?? Maybe I didn't entirely screw up? I wonder if I can pass this as a friendship thing.

Wednesday's pov:

Enid:
-'um last time I checked, no?'
-'why?'
-'how'd you get my number btw??'

I sigh. Thank GOD she hasn't been spelled again.

ME:
-'good. You were acting weird earlier so I wasn't sure'
-'from Xavier btw'

Enid:
-'oh uh weird how?'

Well shit I don't really know how to reply to this. Was the kiss now weird? Wait- did the kiss even happen or do I just like her so much that I imagined it??

ME:
-'oh nvm it was nothing'
-'I must've misunderstood'
-'sorry'

I silence my phone and collapse on my bed. Having friends is stressful.

Enid's pov:

Me:
-'are you sure?'
-'if I did something you can tell me'
...
-'ummm Wednesday?'
...
-'is this about when I asked for your number earlier?'
...
-'I'm sorry are you mad??'
...
-'Wednesday please answer me 😣🙏'

Why won't she answer!? I refresh my phone again but still no reply. I've really screwed up, I shoulda never kissed her.

As I exit the plane with my brothers I notice my mom frantically waving us down and my dad standing quietly beside her as always. I smile and we walk over to them. My mom greets my brothers first like always and my dad nods at me as our way of greeting.
-"and Enid"
My mom says with a smile, opening her arms to hug me.
-"how have you been??"
She asks, hugging me.
-"glad to be home? Wolf out yet?"
She asks, mumbling that last bit. I smile.
-"actually mother I HAVE wolfed out"

My moms face lights up and she excitedly looks at my father as he gives a proud thumbs up.
-"oh Enid really!? This is fantastic! Murray we should go out and celebrate! How's that sound boys??"
My dad nods in agreement.
-"let's go to Hardwoods!"
One of my brothers exclaims.
-"hell ya!"
My other brothers say in agreement as they give each other a high five. They happily skip out the airport and my mother follows close behind.
-"good job kiddo"
My dad says to me with a warm smile. I smile back.

Two hours later

I hear a soft knock on my room door as I unpack my things. My dad opens the door holding 2 loaded hot chocolates, my absolute favorite.
-"oh hey dad"
I say with a smile. He smiles, sits on my bed, then hands me my drink.
-"so...tell me all about school. I wanna hear about your friends, boyfriends, everything"
He says sweetly. I smile a bit and lightly chuckle to myself. Well this is certainly a development.

-"school's great. A little stressful of course but I love it"
He smiles.
-"my friend are amazing, I swear you'll never find anyone better. Yoko's always dependable and has my best interest in mind, I can always go to her for help. Bianca's also great. She's very determined in everything she does. Me and her kindaaa had a rough patch cuz we were both SUPER competitive during the Poe cup but we worked it out"
I say with a smile and nod. My dad smiles and encourages me to go on.

-"there's also Ajax. He's...he's also pretty great"
I say with a smile.
-"I thought he kinda sucked but honestly now I realize he's a great friend. Hmm..oh! There's also this kid Eugene. He loves bees and is like the sweetest person ever. Sweet as honey as I like to say"
I say with a wink and my dad laughs. I smile and try to think of what next to say.
-"there's also Xavier, I dunno if I'd really call us friends but we're part of the same friend group so there's that"
I say with a shrug.
-"he's an artist"
-"that's lovely. I'm glad you've befriended such great people Enid. Hey, maybe you could invite some of them over to visit"
He suggests happily. I smile excitedly.

-"really?? Omg thanks pa! That'd be great!"
He smiles and chuckles a bit.
-"oh but what happened to that dark haired girl?"
He asks and I instantly know who he's talking about.
-"oh uh..you mean Wednesday"
I say awkwardly. He nods.
-"I thought you two were friends?"
He asks confused.
-"we are. Were? I don't know honestly"
I say in a tired whine.

-"well...what happened?"
I look at my dad and debate on what I wanna tell him. What if I get in trouble? I mean I've never liked a girl so I don't really know how he could handle it. I look into his sweet eyes and am torn on what to do. He smiles and sighs lightly.
-"you know Enid.."
He begins talking.
-"I once had this friend Jerry, really sweet fellow. Me and him were friends for oh years and one day randomly in..hmm maybe about the end of freshman year he comes up to me and says, "Murray, your like my best friend but you see that guy over there?" And he points to this dead looking dude with fluffy red hair covering his eyes. I say "yeah I see him, what's up?" He goes, "well Murray I don't know what's happened but...I think I like that boy" and you know what I said?"

I look at my dad almost wanting to cry. I don't know why honestly. He smiles.
-"I laughed and said, "well Jerry you never could get girls might as well try your luck with guys!""
My dad starts laughing and I chuckle a bit as well.
-"the point is Enid sometimes friendships are...complicated and you never quite know what'll happen but things'll always turn out for the better"
He smiles again.
-"and if you ever need to talk to me about something...I'm here"
I smile and tears start to roll down my cheeks.
-"a-actually dad there is something...I..I think I like Wednesday"
I say as I begin to actually cry now. I've never actually confronted my feelings with an adult, it's so overwhelming.

My dad smiles, nods his head and pulls me into a hug.
-"tell me about it"
He says, still holding me in a hug as I wipe my tears on his shirt.