Archery

Wednesday's pov:

-"come on cuz! Come on!"
-"komm cousin, beeil dich!"
Lansel and Leon call out as they run ahead of me and Enid to the archery competition.
-"hey ihr kleinen wiesel! Mach langsam, warum musst du so nervig sein!?"
I yell. They just laugh and continue.
-"can't run very well?"
Enid teases as she passes me. I roll my eyes and match my pace with her.
-"I can run just fine, but your a werewolf. Shouldn't you be able to run faster?"
She smiles at me.
-"indeed I can, but what kind of girlfriend would I be to run too far ahead?"
She replies with a smile.

I feel my face grow warm though I can't tell if it's from running or blushing. Probably running, yeah...that makes the most sense.

We arrive at the archery field where Xavier and Ajax greet us.
-"hey Wens! Didn't think you were gonna make it"
Xavier says with a smile as he waves and walks over. Ajax and Enid say their hello's and continue talking until the announcements begin over the intercom. It's my father.
-"ok! Hello ladies and gentlemens. Let's just take another moment to congratulate our winner from the first archery competition early today. Please give a hand for Bianca Barclay!"
The crowd begins to clap and me and Xavier roll our eyes.
-"of course she'd win"
We say, practically in unison. Xavier tilts his head and smiles as he looks at me.

-"yeah, leave it to Bianca to best someone at archery"
He says with s slight laugh.
-"honestly it's not such an easy task, my family's quite talented at this you know. I've only one a handful of times"
-"ah yes and anyone who can beat Wednesday Addams must be the best of the best"
He says in a teasing way, nodding and laughing. I roll my eyes.
-"yes, congratulations Bianca! Very impressive for a newcomer yes? Anyways, moving on. Just a refresher of the rules. Whoever gets a bullseye or closest to the bullseye wins. If more than one person hits a bullseye every one who hit it goes again. This goes on until only 2 contestants are left. The two remaining contestants are given a dart. A dart board will replace the target and whoever gets closest to the bullseye, one handed, wins!"
My father continues over the intercom.

Ajax and Enid turn to look at me and Xavier with their jaws practically dropped.
-"w-Woah, and Bianca won that??"
Ajax exclaims. I shrug.
-"apparently so"
-"um Wednesday how good is your family at archery again?"
Enid asks. There's a slight shakiness to her voice.
-"beste der besten. Die meisten von uns haben noch nie einen wettbewerb gegen personen außerhalb der familie verloren. Especially me and my brother, we are how you say... gifted? Wunderkinder, prodigies"
Leon says with a smile. Lansel awkwardly laughs.
-"what my brother means to say is most of our family is pretty good, he's exaggerating a bit though"

No. Leon isn't exaggerating much but oh well. I suppose Lansel is just trying to give Ajax and Enid some hope so I appreciate it. I do hope Enid can at least come close to hitting the target, she needs to make a good impression.
-"archers! Grab your bows and take your stance"
My father says. Me and Xavier grab are bows and eye down the targets. Ajax passes Enid a bow and they attempt to get in position.
-"ready.."
My father begins. I look out at the rest of my family competing, their focus is completely in the target.
-"set..."
He continues. I close my eyes and focus my breathing.
-"ignis! Ignis! Ignis!"
My father yells and I let go of my arrow. Arrows flash through the air and within seconds everyone has shot.

-"damn why'd that feel so intense?"
Ajax asks.
-"not used to archery are ya my man? This is child's play"
Xavier replies with a laugh.
-"seize fire every one, Lerch will go inspect everyone's targets and see if we have a winner"
My dad says. After a couple minutes later Lurch informs us 5 people got bullseyes.
-"alright everybody, seems like there will be a round 2. The contestants moving on are as follows: Lansel Ookely, Leon Ookely, my sweetie pie Wednesday Addams, Mrs Enid Sinclair, and cousin Itt. Congratulations you guys!"
Ugh why must father be so embarrassing?

I turn to look at Enid, almost shocked she had made a bullseye.
-"holy shit Wednesday did you see that!? I- I'm stunned! I dunno if I've ever gotten it right on the target before!!"
Enid exclaims excitedly, jumping up and down and shaking me.
-"good job Enid!"
Leon exclaims with a smile. Lansel claps.
-"yes quite impressive!"
He says in agreement.
-"yeah. Nice shot Sinclair, I could've done that"
Xavier says, crossing his arms and blowing a piece of hair out of his face.
-"why didn't you then? Don't be upset because she did better than you, erwachsen werden und ein mann sein"
Leon replies before me and Enid can say anything.

Xavier laughs.
-"oh yeah SHE did better than me? Sure. It was a lucky shot I'll give her that but I could've done it too. Also...what were you trying to say buddy? Your words got all sloppy towards the end"
Xavier says with a grin, looking up at Leon. Leon's face turns red from anger but Lansel intervenes.
-"my brother was just saying you should learn to be a man and I couldn't agree more"
-"and I think your brother should learn English"
Xavier replies, smugly. Suddenly Lansel throws a right hook to Xavier's face and he tumbles to the floor. Lansel is breathing heavy and there's blood on his fist.

Enid's pov;

A tall man that looks almost exactly like the twins marches over and grabs Lansel by the hand.
-"was zum Teufel hast du dir dabei gedacht!? was zum Teufel ist los mit dir? du nutzlose traurige Entschuldigung eines Sohnes! Jetzt bist du gegangen und hast einen amerikanischen Jungen geschlagen, den du Stück Scheiße genannt hast!"
The man yells, violently shaking Lansel. I don't speak German but... I get the gist of what he's saying. Poor Lansel.
-"um yes well due to violence Lansel Ookely will be disqualified"
Wednesday's father announces over the intercom. Xavier sits up on the floor, his nose is bleeding.

-"fuck! That piece of shit really hit me! Wednesday did you see he really hi-!"
I quickly cover my mouth in shock as Xavier falls onto his back.
-"how dare you say that about my cousin at MY family's event!"
Wednesday raises her voice. Xavier groans in pain and covers his face.
-"f-fuck Wednesday did you really have to kick me?"
She shrugs.
-"I could've done worse"
The intercom turns on again. Her father sighs.
-"ok! Due to violence Wednesday Addams is also disqualified, let's just hurry up and start the second round before more people get disqualified Yeah?"
Her father says. Some of the butlers come and escort Xavier back to the house.
-"well I guess it's up to you, do good"
Wednesday says, patting my shoulder as she walks off to join her mother in the crowd.

It's just down to me, Leon, and Itt.
-"ready, set, fire!"
We let go of our arrows and lurch goes to check.
-"and the winner is Leon Ookely with a direct bullseye!"
Mr. Addams announces. The crowd begins to cheer.
-"omg congratulations Leon that was great!"
I exclaim. Cousin Itt makes some happy squeal noises then leaves. Leon smiles a bit and shakes my hand.
-"y-yes, s-sorry for your friend and my brother ja? M-my bad. My English isn't the best"
I can tell he's focusing really hard on each word he's saying right now just to make sure he's pronouncing it right. I smile a bit.

-"hey that wasn't your fault! Don't worry Xavier's just a jerk, I think it's really cool you speak a different language"
I reply with a smile. Honestly his English isn't bad, I just think he genuinely feels more comfortable speaking German. He smiles.
-"thank you, Enid. I'll be seeing you around then, tschüss"
I wave as he leaves then go to meet up with Wednesday.
-"good job"
-"I didn't win"
She shrugs.
-"that's fine, Leon's basically a prodigy remember?"
-"oh yeah"
I reply, laughing a bit.
-"pie eating is in 15 minutes so I dunno if you wanna get a snack or wait"
She asks.
-"let's definitely just wait till after pie, who knows maybe I'll win that one. Unless your family has any pie eating prodigies?"
I ask jokingly.

Wednesday laughs a bit.
-"I don't think so"
She replies.