The Rave'N (pt.3)

Wednesday's pov:

Eugene walks over to me and Tyler.
-"Eugene?"
-"Wednesday. W-what's going on?"
He says looking at me and Tyler. I glance over at Tyler.
-"what happened to staking out the cave?"
I look over to Tyler again signaling to Eugene I'd be attending the dance.
-"sure. I get it. Guess I'll check out the woods myself then"
-"DON'T go alone"
I say sternly.
-"it's too dangerous, stand down"
He looks down sadly and I feel some remorse.
-"we'll go again tomorrow night, understood?"
I say with a lighter tone. He nods sullenly and me and Tyler turn to head into the dance.

Enid's pov:

Lucas stares up at the giant yeti ice sculpture towering over the DJ.
-"is that an abominable snowman?"
Omg he did not just say that.
-"oh my god you can't say that it's offensive! The correct terminology is yeti"
-"o-oh, sorry. Do any go here?"
He asks, seemingly scared.
-"not anymore, they've been extinct since the 50's, our science teacher planned the dance so our theme this year is climate crisis meets extinction. But in a fun way"
I say with a slight laugh. He looks at me completely weirded out and uncomfortable.
-"yeti-tini?"
I ask but quickly spill the drinks on his suit by accident.
-"oh my god! I'm so sorry! L-let me fix that"
I say dropping to the ground to clean him up with some napkins.
-"Enid?"
Fuck. It's Ajax. And the position I'm in doesn't look...appropriate to say the least. Me and Lucas turn to face him.
-"that your date?"
-"yes, and he's having the best time with me. We are both LOVING this dance...together!"
I say trying to appear as cheery as always. Ajax looks hurt and nods his head.
-"sweet"
Him and his date then walk off.

Wednesday's pov:

When me and Tyler enter the dance all eyes are on us. One, because the theme of the dance is white and I'm wearing all black. Two, because no one expected I'd come, yet here I am. And three, my date to the dance is the sheriff's son. People start whispering but it doesn't look like its anything bad. Xavier death stares me and Bianca looks upset. I then notice Enid staring at me in awe from the crowd though I pretend not to notice as I feel my face being to heat up as it often does around her. Perhaps I'm allergic? Mrs. Thornhill then walks up to us.
-"Wednesday Addams, what a lovely surprise"
She says with a cheery smile.
-"Mrs. Thornhill, this is Tyler-"
-"galpin"
She interrupts.
-"um yeah, double caff no foam two pumps of vanilla"
Tyler says, remembering her by her usual order. Mrs. Thornhill smiles and laughs lightly.
-"it's a small town. It's hard to keep secrets"
I look at Tyler.
-"I'm gonna go get us some drinks"
I say, and then walk off leaving him with Mrs. Thornhill.
-"O.M.G I love the look!"
Enid says enthusiastically as she walks over.
-"interesting choice of date though"
She says distastefully looking at Tyler.
-"I could say the same for you"
I say, returning the look as I look at her date.
-"I-it's not what it looks like"
-"good."
I say upset.
-"cuz that pilgrim already has two strikes in my book"
I say clenching my jaw as I look at him. How could he possibly be here with Enid??
-"Lucas is trying to make his ex jealous. I'm trying to make Ajax jealous. It's a win win"
Oh. So she's still in love with that gorgon I see. Lucas then notices me and Enid, he puts his hands up jokingly as if he'd been caught.
-"Wednesdayy, I come in peace"
He says jokingly with a smile as he walks over.
-"that's a shame. I brought my pocket mase"
His smile quickly drops.
-"the medieval kind"
I say raising an eyebrow in intimidation. I turn back to the punch bowl and Enid and Lucas walk off. Why'd she follow him? Why couldn't we talk long? No no no it's best to avoid her. I didn't wanna be here anyways.

After grabbing the drinks I turn and right next to me is Xavier. He looks dramatically at Tyler.
-"I can't believe you brought him"
He says like a disappointed parent.
-"why are you bringing this up?"
I ask, annoyed.
-"as if this dance weren't tedious enough"
I mumble. He shakes his head annoyed.
-"because you don't know what he did to me"
I glance over at Tyler then back up at Xavier.
-"enlighten me"

Enid's pov:

Things are still awkward between me and Lucas and he keeps checking his phone.
-"I'm so sorry about your pants"
He quickly puts his phone away.
-"are those the playoffs? Who's winning the penguins or the ducks?"
I ask excitedly, he looks at me with a confused but genuine smile.
-"you follow pro hockey?"
-"life long sharks fan! I grew up with older brothers so it was either watch hockey or we'll go all Tang Lung on you"
-"you mean Tang Lung from way of the dragon?"
He asks, pleasantly surprised.
-"only the best kung fu movie ever made!"
He smiles.
-"you are.. different"
I glance over at the dance floor.
-"you up for getting down?"
Shit that sounded cooler in my head. He laughs and nods his head in agreement. I take his hand and lead him to the dance floor. Lucas is actually really cute...who needs Ajax? Who needs Wednesday? Wait no what does Wednesday have to do with any of this? Nevermind the point is Lucas might not be so bad.