Parents weekend (pt.4)

Enid's pov:

All of the werewolf families have decided to have a cookout/ picnic in a nice empty field at the edge of town. My brothers are playing fetch while I roast hotdogs with my parents over a small campfire. Moms still been unbearable but dad's always been alright.
-"enie"
My mom says with a smile. What's going on?
-"I'm sorry I've been pressuring you so much lately, I just want you to know all I want is the very best for you"
She says kindly. Huh..maybe mom was finally getting better? But dad looks a bit down. My mom then hands me a little stack of pamphlets. I look down at them and am INSTANTLY horrified.
-"brochures for summer camp!"
My mom say's excitedly.
-"these aren't just for ordinary summer camps"
I say, my voice shaking a bit.
-"you wanna send me to conversion therapy for werewolves!?"
I say in a harsh whisper as I clench the pamphlets in my hands. Dad looks down in shame.
-"it worked wonders for your cousin! Just seven short weeks in the country side and she was howlin' at the moon! Don't ya wanna wolf out and finally be normal, honey??"
My mom asks with a slight despair in her voice. My dad looks at me to see my reaction. I almost want to cry but I can't embarrass myself anymore, my own parents don't even want me because I can't wolf out!

Wednesday's pov:

After my chat with the sheriff I bump into Enid who seems to be on the verge of a breakdown.
-"sorry!"
-"it's fine...are you alright?"
I ask confused.
-"huh? Oh! Yes I'm alright"
She says wiping tears away. I guess parents weekend isn't going to well for her either.
-"what happened?"
I ask.
-"nothing much just my mom being mom you know?"
She says awkwardly.
-"shall I take care of it?"
-"n-no"
She says with a slight laugh.
-"anyways, how's the situation with your dad?"
-"I believe he didn't do it. I just need to prove it"
-"I'm sure you will"
She says with a playful wink. My face heats up a bit but I shake it off.
-"how's your brother handling it?"
-"huh? Pugsley?"
I ask confused. I think for a moment.
-"huh..actually I don't know. I'm sure he's ok"
I reply with a shrug.
-"Wednesday no. Go talk to him, your the older sibling"
Enid says pointing back to the school.
-"but!"
-"no buts. Go"
I glare at her and reluctantly turn to march away.

Enid's pov:

Yep there she goes. Wednesday Addams. Great sister, great student, and my best friend.
-"hey loner"
I hear someone say as they kiss my cheek. It's Ajax obviously but for some reason my claws come out anyways.
-"ah! S-sorry, didn't mean to startle you"
He says with an awkward laugh. I smile a bit.
-"what's up?"
I ask.
-"nothin' much, just haven't really seen ya all weekend so I wanted to say hi"
Ajax is so sweet and dorky, I love him so much.
-"well hi"
I say with a smile and he laughs a bit.
-"did I just miss Wednesday?"
He asks, we can still kinda see her walking in the distance.
-"yeah not too long ago in fact"
-"huh, she botherin' you?"
-"what? Never!"
I reply confused.
-"oh! Sorry sorry I know y'all are kinda friends but I just wanted to make sure. You know she's related to a murderer?"
-"how can you believe such bull shit!? And what do ya mean 'kinda'!?"
I say getting offended. Ajax takes a surprised step back.
-"w-Woah calm down Enid, that's just what I've been hearing around school. But come on, they totally look like they could be murderers"
He says with a confused smile. Clearly he doesn't see an issue with what he's just saying and better yet he doesn't seem to believe me and Wednesdays friendship. I scoff and smile.
-"anyways this was a nice chat but I gotta go Ajax"
I say, a bit frustrated.
-"oh ok, I'll see ya later Enid!"
He says with a wave.

Wednesday's pov:

I walk over and notice Pugsley sitting at a little boating dock at a pond.
-"you forgot your fishing gear"
I say, placing it beside him and then sitting down.
-"stop being nice, it doesn't suit you"
He says.
-"true but a friend of mine has been rubbing off on me as of late"
It's quite for a bit.
-"father packed your favorite bait. Let's see if the fish are biting"
Pugsley smiles a bit and reaches in his fishing bag. He grabs a grenade and tosses it to the far end of the pond. As it explodes dozens of fish float to the surface. Pugsley smiles but it soon fades.
-"what's gonna happen to dad?"
He asks.
-" after he's sentenced he'll be sent to a state penitentiary where he'll lose his mind being separated from mother"
I reply, slightly annoyed by how dependent my parents are with each other.
-"oh.."
He replies and looks down sadly.
-"don't worry. I'll fix everything"
I say placing my hand on his shoulder. He smiles a bit.
-"now give me one of those"
I say sticking my hand out for one of his grenades, he smiles and happily hands me one.

I decide to checkout the nightshade library for anything that may be useful but am surprised to see my mother down there, though I guess this should've been expected.
-"so your a nightshade"
She says with pride in her eyes as I walk down the stairs.
-"Actually I turned them down"
I say with great pleasure.
-"why. Because I was in them?"
She say's unamused.
-"yes....but also because their just some childish club not interested in anything besides partying"
-"Ah but it used to be so much more"
She says with a loving sigh. Since she's here, she's going to tell me the truth. Even if I have to kill her.