Outreach day

Wednesday's pov:

We wake up and at principal Weems makes an announcement to meet her in the quad.
-"as you all know Outreach day is upon us, this is a very special Outreach day in dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square"
Says principal Weems happily.
-"now when I call your name please come up to grab your assignments. Wednesday?"
I go up and grab a purple envelope from her with my assignment on it. After a few dozen people Enid gets her envelope too. Strangely things between me and Enid have been just fine since last night I guess everything that happened between us really was just due to a spell.

Enid's pov:

-"what'd ya get?"
I excitedly ask Wednesday, secretly hoping we'd be together.
-"Uriah's heep. Whatever that is"
She mumbles.
-"it's this weird creepy antique store...you'll love it though"
I say awkwardly.
-"what'd you get?"
She asks.
-"pilgrim world. Kinda the obvi choice since I'm so polite and sociable"
I say proudly.

Wednesday's pov:

Enid skips off and principal Weems walks up to me.
-"don't worry about your cello, I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon"
She says with a smile. I look up at her confused.
-"I caught your midnight serenade the other night and signed you up to play with the band today during the ceremony. I trust you'll have no issues playing something a bit more upbeat"
-"only if you promise to hang me as a witch afterwards"
I say looking up at her seriously. She smiles as though to consider it but then walks off. Soon two black buses pull up to pick us up. Enid comes out of nowhere, grabs my arm, and leads me to a seat. While on the bus I look at Enid who looks back at me with a friendly smile and then begins talking about how she hoped her and Ajax would have the same assignment. Yep...this was the Enid I knew. Soon the bus arrives in town. As we get off I noticed Xavier standing in front of a black wall.
-"why you staring at a black wall"
-"wasn't blank last outreach day"
He says annoyed, not taking his eyes off the wall.
-"is this about rejecting your offer to join the nightshades?"
I ask.
-"well I did kinda go out on a limb for you"
-"I was only there cuz Rowen"
-"for the last time, Rowen was expelled! Everyone saw him leave"
I thought for a moment. It was true, though I had seen his murder I had also seen him leave campus just the same as everyone else.
-"have you spoken to him since?"
I ask.
-"messaged him a few times but didn't hear back, just figured he'd wanna put Nevermore in his rear view"
-"or he's dead."
-"god what is with you?"
-"this"
I say pulling out the picture Rowan's mom had drawn.
-"you didn't look surprised when I showed you yesterday. You've seen it before haven't you?"
-"it was open on Rowens desk so I just assumed he stole it after we kicked him out of the nightshades. When I confronted him about it he kinda went...ballistic on me"
He says, looking uncomfortable. I remember the vision I had had.
-"he threw you into the wall using his telekinesis?"
I ask, knowing the answer. Xavier looks at me confused.
-"how did you know that?"
-"lucky guess"
I say hesitantly.
-"so why you in that picture? And why the hells Crackstone in there?"
He asks pointing down at the picture.
-"you know who this is?"
-"well yeah, he's like Jerico's founding father. That's him"
He says pointing up to a pilgrim banner. The mayor then starts speaking and me and Xavier join the rest of our class.
-"welcome! Welcome Nevermore academy, now, on behalf of the ENTIRE town I'd like to thank you all for coming down to help out. I hope this Outreach day is just as successful as last year's"
Slowly we begin to head off to our assignments and I run to catch up with Enid.
-"Enid!"
She quickly stops and turns to me.
-"switch volunteer assignments with me"
I command, handing her my purple envelope.
-"what? No! Uriah's heep is definitely not my scene. Besides why would I wanna volunteer there? That's like such an unfair trade"
-"because Ajax will be working there. But if your not interested.."
I say turning away, fully knowing she'll stop me.
-"no!"
She quickly yells, grabbing the envelope from my hands.
-"your the best!"
She excitedly whispers and then runs off. I continue walking with the rest of the group until we reach the one and only Pilgrim world.
-"hey Wednesday! Wanna grab a Hummers group photo?"
Eugene asks happily. I just reply with an unamused stare.
-"guess not then"
He says with an awkward laugh. A lady then stands before the group and clears her throat.
-"you are about to travel back in time to the year of our lore, 1625! This is our privy"
She says gesturing towards a run down shack.
-"America's first gender neutral restroom"
She says with a slight smile.
-"I haveth a query"
I say stepping forward and they lady's smile quickly disappears.
-"pray be quick child"
She says sternly.
-"what's in the meeting house?"
-"original farm tools, table wear, and even the Crackstone family chamber pot"
-"sounds fascinating. I volunteer to work in there"
I say, attempting to walk off.
-"pray no"
She says, stopping me.
-"that exhibit is being renovated. You all will be working at the beating heart of pilgrim world, the fudgery"
She says with a smile. She escorts us to the fudgery and hands out pilgrim uniforms. God someone kill me.