Leaving day

Wednesday's pov:

Enid's already dressed in her school uniform as I pack up my things, it's already about 9 am. Enid picks up a burnt groundhog taxidermy I had gotten from Uriahs heep.
-"I can't believe I'm gonna miss your creepy lifeless eyes waking me up in the morning"
She says as if she's talking to the creature but then looks into my eyes. I smile a bit but try to hide it. I take the ground hog and place it in my bag and walk to the opposite end of the room to grab something else.

-"will you forget about me?"
She suddenly asks, causing me to pause in my tracks and I turn to her. She's biting her lip and looks anxious.
-"Enid. The mark you have left on me is indelible, any time I grow nauseous at the sight of a rainbow or hear a pop song that makes my ears bleed..."
I look at her and feel a pit in my stomach and a slight sadness.
-"I'll think of you..."
I finish and she smiles lightly.

Enid's pov:

Wednesday clears her throat and turns away again.
-"and how 'bout you? I'm sure you already have a replacement ready for me, will I just fade into a distant memory?"
I laugh a bit. How could anyone ever forget Wednesday Addams??
-"are you kidding me?? I've learned so much from you, part of it is admittedly criminal behavior, but I've learned how to stick up for myself as well. I'll never forget you Wednesday"
I say placing my hands on her shoulders and looking into her dark beautiful eyes. She looks away a bit and then moves my hands off of her.

-"perhaps this is still for the better"
She says pulling out a paper from her bag.
-"THIS can't happen if I'm not here"
She says handing me Rowens drawing.
-"though it kills me to leave when Tyler's still walking around free"
She says with a bit of sass. I smile a bit. I feel like Wednesday's a general and I'm her second in command in charge of leading some sort of revolution.
-"don't worry!"
I say slamming my fist into my other hand.
-"if Tyler tries anything we have a school filled with Gorgons and werewolves. Ready and waiting"
I say with a nod and smile but Wednesday just looks at me blankly.

Wednesday's pov:

Enid awkwardly clears her throat.
-"um I got a texts from Eugene's moms, he woke up last night"
She says happily, trying to change the subject though.
-"maybe principle Weems will let you stop by and see him on your way out?"
She suggests.
-"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask"
Just then Mrs. Thornhill knocks on the door and creeps it open.
-"knock, knock girls. I don't wanna rush you but Weems wants you down stairs in five"
She says holding up five fingers. I nod.
-"I'll be right down"
I reply.

She nods and closes the door again.
-"well I guess this is it"
Enid nods. She then turns to Thing.
-"Thing I'm gonna miss you buddy, and you better keep sending me moisturizing tips!"
She says, clearly trying not to cry. It's nice she's trying to put on a brave face in front of me and Thing.
-"stay in touch ok?"
She says with a saddened smile as she gives Thing a fist bump.

Enid then turns to me and we just look at each other for a moment.
-"I'd hug you but...not hugging us kind of our thing"
She says with a slight nod and a hollowed laugh. As much as it pains me I can't hug her. I'll never forget about her but I don't need to vividly remember her embrace.

Enid's pov:

As we walk down stairs Wednesday splits up from me to go say her goodbyes and I remain towards the top of the stair case. It's such a bittersweet feeling. I want to cry but I just have to smile through it. I'm losing my best friend and there's nothing I can do.

Wednesdays pov:

I walk up to Bianca and the other nightshades.
-"we are SO sorry, we didn't mean to get you expelled"
Yoko says, clearly feeling bad.
-"nevermind that, the nightshades need to be ready for what's coming"
Bianca nods and Yoko and Ajax exchange a look. Just then Mrs. Thornhill runs in from the hall.
-"I'm so glad I caught you"
She says out of breath but with a relived smile.
-"I was tending to my garden quickly and almost lost track of time!"
She smiles again.
-"THIS is for you"
She says handing me a potted plant with white flowers.
-"an oleander, their highly poisonous"
I say as I take the plant from her. She smiles a bit.

-"yes but they also symbolize destiny and renewal. your a very talented young woman Wednesday, I can't wait to see what you do next"
She says with a genuine smile. Honestly Mrs. Thornhill is my favorite teacher here at Nevermore,she reminds me of how a mom SHOULD be. Before I can respond principal Weems walks over.
-"shall we get going?"
She asks keeping her always composed smile.
-"don't you have duties as principal?"
I ask, raising an eyebrow.

-"this time I shall be escorting you personally to make sure you arrive at your train"
She says, still with a smile.
-"I have one final favor"
I state. Principal Weems' smile quickly fades and she looks more annoyed if anything. She scoffs and walks off, after I say my goodbyes with Mrs. Thornhill I follow.
-"what is it you want Mrs. Addams, why can't you let me do my job?"
Principal Weems asks as I enter the vehicle.
-"I want to see Eugene. I...heard he woke up last night.."
I say slightly looking away. Weems exhales and looks at me sadly.
-"I suppose you really have made some friends here at Nevermore, have you"
She says, glancing over to me as she pulls out of the school.

Silently I nod my head. She sighs.
-"I suppose a quick detour to the hospital would be fine. I'm sure Eugene would appreciate it"

Enid's pov:

I watch from one of the windows as Wednesday drives off.
-"goodbye Wednesday"
I say in almost a whisper as I touch the glass.
-"Enid?"
I hear Ajax say from behind me and I turn around.
-"oh! A-Ajax! Um hi, how've ya been?"
I ask awkwardly.
-"pretty good, seeing Wednesday torture Tyler the other night was pretty intense though"
He says with a nod. I hate how he talks about Wednesday like she's some psycho.
-"yeahhh I bet"
I say awkwardly, laughing a bit to break up the uncomfortableness.
-"but like how are YOU? I can't imagine this being easy, I know y'all were close"
He says. Huh this might actually be the first time Ajax is sincere about something having to do with Wednesday.

-"I- y-yeah...it's kinda hard, I'm already starting to miss her"
I say looking down. Ajax then tucks some of my hair behind my ear and lifts my face up by my chin. He gives me a sincere smile.
-"well...I'm still here"
He says and I feel my face begin to heat up.
-"anything you need and I'll help"
He says still with his sweet clueless smile.