Dance Dance

Enid's pov:

-"are you done yet."
-"hold on just give me a sec!"
I reply as I switch into a leotard with shorts.
-"is this necessary?"
I ask.
-"well do you have any better dance clothes?"
Wednesday replies. I sigh.
-"well no but it's colddd"
I whine as I open the door. Wednesday just looks at me for a moment.
-"...you'll be fine. Let's just get to the stage"
She says, as she takes my hand and drags me back outside. Wednesdays wearing black shorts, a black sports bra that she's wearing a slightly oversized plain black shirt over. And, of course, her hair is in 2 braids like always.

-"ah! Hello girls, hello"
Wednesday's father says, coming up to us and taking a bow.
-"am I to assume it's you two who will be facing me and your mother in the final round?"
He asks.
-"bold of you to assume you'll even make it that far father. You're getting old"
Wednesday quickly replies. Her dad laughs and pats her shoulder.
-"always quick with a comeback my dear, good luck!"
He says with a wave as he walks off to Wednesday's mom. Randomly I feel a tap on one of my shoulders but when I turn to see who it was no one's there.
-"hel-"
-"lo!"
Lansel and Leon say, jumping from behind me. Jeez these guys are quick.

I awkwardly laugh, trying not to show that they scared me a bit.
-"hey guys!"
I reply. The twins are wearing black and red aumbre leotards and black shorts with red stripes. I guess they always like to match, but wow I didn't realize they actually had muscles as well.
-"so who are the judges anyways? This seems like a lot of people"
I ask, looking out at everyone on the stage. Wednesday nods.
-"yes dancing and fencing tend to be the most popular competitions at family gatherings. The judges, however, will be my aunt Filtz, whom you met earlier, cousin Itt, who you met this morning, and Refrus Addams"
I nod.
-"your aunt was nice"
I'm still not a big fan of "cousin Itt" though...
-"yes well that won't matter much since Refrus used to be a famous dancer/choreographer AND even created a special dance for the family only to be preformed on special occasions"
-"holy- and that's who's judging us?? W-Wednesday I dunno if I can dance that well in order to beat the rest of your family"
She shakes her head.
-"you'll do fine Enid, though Refrus does tend to favor my parents for some reason"
Wednesday replies, her voice having an almost bitter tone to it.

Wednesday's pov:

-"heyo everybody!"
Uncle Festers voice booms over the intercom.
-"our judges have finished settling themselves and it is now time to start the competition! So get into your places!"
I nod and turn to Enid.
-"don't worry, you'll do just fine ok?"
I say, kissing her cheek before the music begins.

Enid's pov:

The music begins blasting and for a second I'm just standing there until Lansel takes ahold of one of my hands and spins me around while Leon takes my other hand. Me and Leon begin dancing together as Lansel does his thing. Not more than a few seconds later people start getting taken out. By the end of the song the once crowded stage is left with only a few people. Me, Lansel, Leon, Wednesday, Xavier, Bianca, Wednesdays parents, and 2 other adults from her family. They look scary intimidating.

-"yay! Ich wusste, dass du das großartig machen würdest!
Leon exclaims, lifting me into the air. I laugh a bit. His grip on me is gentle and it seems as though I weigh nothing to him.
-"wow you're pretty strong huh Leon?"
I ask, as he sets me down.

Xavier's pov:

As we wait on the judges I see Enid with one of Wednesdays twin cousins. Probably the one that punched me, that asshole.
-"hmm Enid seems to be pretty close with Wednesdays cousins"
I mumble to myself as I look at them.
-"hm?"
Bianca asks, looking over at Enid.
-"oh, you think?"
I nod.
-"yeah they've been together like all day"
-"hmm well I mean Enid is pretty friendly"
Bianca replies with a shrug.
-"I'm sure it's nothing bad"
She continues.

-"nah I wouldn't be too sure, y'know Enid's been flirting with some girl?"
Bianca's eyes widen.
-"she has??"
I nod.
-"she's always smiling when they text. Besides have you seen how close her and Ajax are even though they broke up?"

Bianca's pov:

I look over at Enid and see her happily talking to Ajax while Wednesday talks to her parents.
-"huh well now that you mention it..."
-"see!?"
Xavier interrupts. He sighs.
-"I want nothing but for Wednesday to be happy but I don't think Enid's as sweet and harmless as we think"
I hate to say it but maybe Xavier's right. Her and Wednesday really don't seem to be that close, though I'm sure that's due to Wednesday.
-"yeah but you think she'd really have a thing with her cousins?"
I ask. Xavier shrugs.
-"you never know, they just seem a little too close. Besides her cousin seems to definitely have an interest in Enid"