Welcome home (pt.2)

Enid's pov:

-"I-I don't even know where I'd start"
I say continuing to wipe my tears away but they keep coming.
-"well what is it you like about her and when did you first realize your feelings?"
My dad asks kindly with a smile as he picks up my hot cocoa from the table and hands it to me.
-"she's really confident. She appears mean to everyone but I can tell she's not, there's a softness in her. She's always tryna take care of me even though she doesn't always know the best ways"
I say with a slight smile as I take a sip of my drink.
-"she sounds nice"
My dad says. I nod my head.
-"mhm she's also really hot too"
I say, happily taking another sip of my drink. My dad awkwardly laughs.

-"ok..and when did you start liking her?"
I think for a moment.
-"I'm not entirely sure. Cuz I liked her after the Poe cup but then stopped cuz I liked Ajax, then I liked her around the time of the Rave'N but kinda stopped cuz of my feelings for Ajax again"
My dad looks very confused but he smiles and tries to be understanding.
-"uh huhh seems confusing, guess you really liked this Ajax fellow?"
-"well that's what I had thought but turns out we're just good friends"
-"but that's not the case with Wednesday?"
I shake me head.

-"I love Wednesday as a friend don't get me wrong but I'd LOVE if there could be something more I...I'm not in trouble am I?"
I ask looking up at my dad. He smiles and pulls me into a side hug.
-"of course not Enid, just..let's not tell your mom yet alright? It'll be our little secret for now"
He says with a smile and playful wink. I nod and smile back at him. I'm glad he was so ok with everything but he's right, my mom'll probably flip if she finds out.

Wednesday's pov:

-"knock knock"
I hear my mom say as she creeps open my door.
-"Wednesday, darling, why don't you come and join your family?"
She asks. I sigh.
-"I suppose I should"
My mom smiles happily. I get off my bed and follow her downstairs.
-"well you know it's just me, you're father, and Pubert right now since Pugsleys at school but he'll be so happy to see you"
-"I'm sure"
I reply duly.
-"your father thought we should do a lunch together since Pubert's asleep. You know...catch up a little"

Drats, I've fallen into their trap.

-"Ah! Ma jolie fille!"
My father exclaims as he hugs me.
-"how are you? You know I was very sad when you retreated into your room"
He says with an exaggerated pout. I roll my eyes.
-"Je fais un père fantastique comme toujours. pardonnez-moi de vouloir passer du temps seul après avoir passé les six derniers mois dans une école où VOUS m'avez envoyé contre mon gré, mais vous avez raison, j'ai eu tort, comment allez-vous?"
I annoyedly ask my father. He clears his throat.
-"alright Wednesday your right, wanting some alone time is ok"
He says with a smile.
-"we won't take up too much of your time, now follow me"

He says, leading me and my mother out into the backyard. Outside there's a tea table and some fancy chairs placed around it, 3 to be exact. There's fresh cut baguettes in a basket and three cups of fresh coffee around the table. I won't lie, this looks absolutely delicious and it has been quite sometime since me and my parents had a good talk one on one. Well you know...besides in jail.

Lurch pulls out my chair and I sit, he then does the same for my mother. My father claps his hands and Lurch returns to the kitchen.
-"so! How was school? How was the trip back?"
My father asks but in such a way that I can tell he wants to ask something else. I fold my arms.
-"school? I quite literally almost died by being stabbed by a deceased religious fanatic not to mention I was shot with an arrow and had to save the school from a fiery defeat"
My father drops his bread as his jaw drops.
-"so in hindsight school was actually quite fun"

I say. My parents smile.
-"I told you Nevermore would be perfect for you! Though you did only make it half the year..."
My father says, placing his hand on his chin as he thinks. My mother smiles and places her hand on his back.
-"we're glad you enjoyed it Wednesday"
My mother says.
-"as am I"
I reply, taking a sip of my coffee. God it's heavenly, so creamy but no sweetness. It's been so long since I've had a good cup of coffee.

-"why don't you tell us about your friends?"
My mother asks, picking apart a piece of bread.
-"my friends?"
-"yes, why don't you tell us about that Enid girl?"
She asks. My father nods in agreement. I feel as my face begins to heat up again and I pray it's not noticeable.
-"what is it you wanna know?"
I ask, nonchalantly taking another sip of my coffee.
-"oh you know just how is she and what's your friendship like"
My mother says as she too takes a sip of coffee.

-"she's fine."
-"that's good to hear"
-"w-well actually..."
My mom lifts an eyebrow.
-"she kinda got hurt cuz of me but I think now she's ok.."
My mother nods and takes another sip of coffee.
-"and your friendship?"
I don't respond.
-"ah pauperem infantem! What happened?"
My father exclaims. Just then Lerch comes out of the house carrying a tray of soups. Lerch places a bowl down in front of me and I almost feel a smile spread across my face.

It's potage parmentier! I'll admit it's basic, essentially it's just leeks and potatoes but oh how I've missed food like this!
-"thank you Lerch"
My parents say.
-"yes, thank you"
I add. We all take a few sips of our soup.
-"so what was it that happened?"
My dad asks, putting another spoonful of soup into his mouth.
-"she...well I don't really know"
My parents look at me confused. I'm not good with people in general but Enid never ceases to confuse me.
-"well sweetie is there an issue?"
My mother asks.

I shake my head and take another sip of soup.
-"I could be wrong but...I believe she likes me"
I state. My moms eyes widen and my dad nearly chokes on the spoonful of soup he's just placed into us mouth.
-"is something wrong?"
I ask, raising an eyebrow.
-"not at all amica mea!"
My dad exclaims. My mom laughs a bit.
-"it's quite the contrary actually"
She says. I look at them even more confused than before, had they been hoping for this?

-"huh? What do you mean?"
My mother clears her throat.
-"sorry sweetie I believe we got a bit carried away, do you like this Enid girl as well?"
She asks.
-"I-"
I don't know what to say. My father smiles as he and my mother exchange a look.
-"p-possibly"
I say, looking away from my parents as I take another sip of coffee.
-"incroyable!"
My dad exclaims.

Huh I never realized how often he spoke different languages.
-"wait so you guys are ok with this?"
I ask confused.
-"delighted actually"
My mother says.
-"after parents weekend we were hoping there was something between you two, we could sense it"
My mom says with a wink.
-"yeah well I knew since before then"
I say, rolling my eyes. Shit. This was a mental war and my parents have won...

My father claps his hands and Lerch comes out with desserts. 3 little dishes of Tiramisù, not my favorite but still delicious. My father takes a big bite of his dessert.
-"so what was the incident my dear?"
He asks, with his mouth full as he chews.
-"she asked for my number"
My mom frowns.
-"well Wednesday deary I don't think-"
-"and then she kissed me"
My father slams his hand on the table.
-"that's my petit dimoni!"
He exclaims.
-"a true Addams, she gets her charm from me"
He says with a smile.

-"we Addams are very good with women"
My dad says. My mom nods.
-"quite true"
She says.
-"so when shall we be seeing Enid?"
My father asks.
-"oh never"
I reply as I take a bite of my Tiramisù.
-"what!?"
-"why not dear?"
My mother asks.
-"I'm too embarrassed. I don't even know if she actually likes me. Hell I could've imagined the kiss for all I know"
I say, resting my head on my arm. My mom frowns and her and my dad exchange a look.

-"well we see you've got a phone...have you contacted her?"
My father asks.
-"yes earlier but I've had my phone on silence for a few hours since"
My mom places her hand to her head.
-"Wednesday, darling, your excused if your ready to go. Please check your phone"
I look at her confused but shrug and walk back inside.

(Gomez laughs and Morticia slightly smiles before laughing a bit back.
-"our daughter sure has a lot to learn eh cara mia?"
Gomez says.
-"it appears so, you better teach her before she blows her shot"
Morticia replies.
-"so we agree Enid's a good fit for Wednesday?"
-"of course, though I do wish she didn't have that dreaded blonde hair, oh and don't get me started on those blue eyes"
Morticia says, feeling nauseous just thinking about it.)