Enid and Ajax's big win

Wednesday's pov:

-"hello my little storm cloud"
My father says, walking over to me with my mother by his side. I don't say anything but nod to acknowledge them.
-"is Enid next dear?"
My mother asks.
-"yes I believe so"
I reply.
-"Wednesday!"
I hear Xavier call out. Him, Bianca, and Ajax walk over. My parents smile and make room for them up front with us.
-"Enid's up next huh?"
Xavier asks. I nod.
-"...where's Yoko?"
I ask.

-"she's going up against your brother after Enid"
Bianca replies with a laugh. That's actually quite a good match up. Come to think of it...I don't think I know who Enid's going up against.
-"did you guys happen to see who Enid's going against?"
I ask.
-"ummm yeahhh it was like Filbert or something right?"
Ajax asks Xavier.
-"I believe so? That sound like a cousin of yours Wens?"
He asks. I nod.

-"welcome our next competitors, Enid Sinclair and Filbert Frump!"
Uncle Buckeye announces.

Ajax's pov:

A tall skinny boy struts out. He's wearing a pale dark green uniform with thin sleek black boots. He has shiny black hair and from where I'm at he looks white as a ghost. He has a big nose and thicker eyebrows. He looks like a professional.

Enid shyly comes out and waves to the audience as what's his name...Filbert? Yeah, as he snickers.  Filbert puts his helmet on and Enid does the same. They get in their stances and...
-"begin!"
Without hesitation Filbert dashes forward and effortlessly takes first point. Wednesday frowns and looks away.

Filbert and Enid take their spots again but she seems unsure. I bite my lip.
-"you got this Enid! Beat his ass!"
I yell. Enid looks over and Xavier rolls his eyes.
-"yeah come on! You really gonna let some snobby twig beat you?"
Bianca chimes in. Filbert stops his foot and shakes his head. Enid waves and they start. Enid lasts a little longer but enevidably Filbert claims second point. She's got one more chance if she wants to turn it around.

The third round begins and Filbert lunges forward. Enid slides down and sweeps him from under his feet and jumps up claiming her first point. There's a gasp throughout the crowd and even Wednesdays Jaw drops. Xavier looks taken aback as well and honestly I am too.

It's silent....

-"hell yeah Enid, you got it!"
I yell out. Filbert gets up and he and Enid get back to their spots.

Enid's pov:

-"your not gonna win!"
Filbert yells.
-"I-I'm trained! Getting one point doesn't mean anything"
-"I know"
I say with a shrug.
-"but...I have to win"
I say. He growls and lunges forward again. This time I rush forward and turn at the last minute to avoid his spear. I turn behind him and trip over my foot but manage to get him in the back.
-"Enid claims her second point. We're now at a draw"
The crowd gasps again and murmurs emerge throughout.

I take a deep breath and walk back to my spot. Even if I lose now I'll still get one chance later on but I don't wanna disappoint Wednesday like that.

-"Sinclair you are GOING to lose!"
Filbert shouts.
-"I can't! Too many of my friends want me to win and Wednesday needs me too!"
-"needs you to?"
He laughs.
-"my cousin doesn't need anything of you. You already ruined the dance competition for her"
He says, cocking his head to the side and I can make out a smile through his mask.

-"begin!"
I lunge forward and too my surprise Filbert dashes to the side. I stumble back but catch my balance as he charges towards me. Shit.

"Come on Enid!"

Suddenly Filbert stops and I nearly drop my spear. It's Wednesday. Almost the whole audience is looking at her.
-"what? Can't I yell?"
She asks. I trip Filbert causing him to drop his spear. I stand over him for a moment, breathing heavily.
-"what? Claim the win already. This wasn't fair though. I was distracted"
He says.
-"yeah I know. I'm sorry"

-"Enid Wins!"
The announcer says and I reach my hand out to help Filbert up.

Wednesday's pov:

Enid walks over.
-"he-"
I quickly wrap her in a hug.
-"miss me much Wens?"
She says with a laugh. I pull back from the hug but keep my hands at her waist.
-"Enid. That was incredible"
She smiles a bit.
-"darn right it was!"
-"you did great En's!"
The twins interrupt.
-"thanks you guys! I couldn't have done it without you teaching me some of your technique Lansel"
-"oh please, you flatter me. You already had a good foundation and practice from Wednesday. I didn't do much"
Lansel replies, rolling his eyes playfully.

Ajax puts his hand on Enid's shoulder.
-"you really did great, I'm so proud of you. I'll see you later though if you guys'll excuse me"
-"oh yeah ok, see ya later Ajax"
Enid replies. With a confused wave. We all turn to watch him leave.
-"where's he going?"
Bianca asks. Xavier shrugs.
-"maybe he wants to meet up with Yoko before she goes on?"
He says.

Enid's pov:

Hmmm he wants to go see Yoko before her match? Come to think of it...those two have always been pretty close. And they seem to be getting closer lately, I wonder if they have something going on.

Ajax's pov:

-"je ne peux pas croire que j'ai perdu! et maintenant je suis tout poussiéreux, c'est tellement injuste!"
I hear Filbert angrily mumble to himself as he wipes dust off of his pants. I take a breath and walk over.
-"you did really good"
-"huh?"
-"I think you did really good....i really thought you were gonna win in the beginning and your performance was overall just great"
I say. He smirks a bit.
-"what's your name?"
He asks, extending his hand to me.
-"I'm Ajax, a friend of Wednesday's"

-"Filbert Frump"
He says, as we shake hands.
-"so your a friend of Wednesday's? Wouldn't that make my opponent one of your friends as well?"
He asks. I nod.
-"yeah me and Enid are good friends"
I reply. He folds his arms.
-"then what brings you here to complement me?"
He asks, raising an eyebrow. I don't know why I'm over here honestly. I just find him interesting I guess.
-"because you did good. I find you interesting and...well I thought maybe I could get your number?"

Filberts pov:

Did he....
I-
-"m-my number?"
I ask. The boy shyly nods. My heart begins to beat fast and I can't help but feel flustered.
-" ohhh boy, Tout cela est tellement accablant, haha, regarde ce que tu as fait, je ne peux m'empêcher de me sentir gêné! mon Dieu"
He tilts his head and gives me a slight smile. This cute boy really wants my number?

I sigh.
-"yeah. Ok, here ya go"
I say, handing him my phone. He smiles and quickly adds my number.
-"thanks!"
He says with a big smile and a wave as he turns to leave.
-"oh! By the way, green is really your color"
He then disappears back into the crowd. I grab my chest and slide down the wall.
-"oh mon dieu mon cœur. je jure que je viens de rencontrer un ange"
I happily mutter to myself. Covering my burning hot face with my hands.

Ajax's pov:

Omg I'm shaking so bad. Did I really just ask a guy for his number??

A/n:
Ok this was a bit longer than normal 😂

I really hope you all enjoyed tho! I've decided to give Ajax 2 love interests (possibly 3??) so we'll see how that goes.