Cuddles for the heartbroken

Wednesday's pov:

Around midnight the door slam's open in a tired haze I turn it see who it was. There in the doorway I saw Enid huffing angrily, her face bright red.
-"Enid?"
-"he didn't show.."
She says quietly, holding back her anger.
-"pardon?"
-"he didn't show! He ditched me!"
She screams and begins crying. I walk over and put my arm around her quietly closing the door as she cries into her hands. I sit her down on her bed and she cries into my shoulder.
-"I'm humiliated"
She says in a broken voice. I bit my lip trying not to feel anything but it's so hard not to feel bad for her.
-"I'll kill him"
I say.
-"no just leave it, I totally deserved this"
I pull her off my arm and make her face me.
-"Enid Sinclair. I will not just sit here and allow you to talk down on yourself just because of some boy"
I say sternly, holding her shoulders. There's still tears in her eyes but I think she's a bit better. I sigh.
-"just-ugh just lay down"
I say moving the covers and tucking her in.
-"need to change?"
I ask.
-"I don't need to"
She says with a slight smile. I get up to leave but she grabs my sleeve.
-"please don't"
She says looking up at me with sad eyes.

Enid's pov:

Reluctantly Wednesday sits back down on the bed.
-"can you just lay here tonight?"
I ask. Wednesday thinks for a moment.
-"...I'm not opposed to the request...but why?"
She asks. I squeeze a little tighter on her sleeve.
-"I just don't wanna feel alone tonight"
I say. I can still feel the tears in my eyes. Wednesday looks at me and frowns with sympathy. She gives me a slight nod and moves into the bed with me. We lay there awkwardly for a bit but then she wraps her arms around my sides.
-"I've heard physical comfort is one of the best ways to forget about sadness.."
She says. I can tell comfort is a new thing for her. I turn to face her and bury myself in her chest.
-"mhm. Cuddles are always the best cure"
I say in agreement, nuzzling my face. She stiffens up a bit but doesn't seem to mind. She's surprisingly warm and oh so soft, I've never felt safer and more content in my life. I wish we could lay like this forever.

Wednesday's pov:

-"Thank you Wednesday"
I hear Enid whispering as she clenches onto my sleeve.
-"any time"
I say, placing my head on top of hers. I can't believe Ajax would stand her up like that. I knew Enid could do better than him but what the hell! Could it be Bianca? I don't know but I'm too tired to think.

(Wednesday falls asleep, still holding onto Enid)

Enid's pov:

-"..remember how the other night you asked when I said I loved you if it was cuz of the spell?"
I asked. There was no reply. I turned a bit to see that Wednesday was sleeping peacefully. I smiled a bit.
-"nevermind... have a goodnight Wednesday"
I whisper, kissing her head.