Mother Mother

Wednesday's pov:

-"why would you send me somewhere I can only ever exist in your shadow?"
I ask my mother.
-"oh Wednesday it's not a competition"
-"EVERYTHING is a competition mother"
There's silence.
-"father didn't kill Garret gates. Did he?"
I ask. I think back on my mother's previous behaviors and I have mu suspicions she's the one who should be in jail.
-"no"
She says in a slight whisper with slight tears in her eyes.
-"when I arrived I found your father fighting for his life. I will never forget the way Garret looked at me, he was even foaming at the mouth! It's like I was staring into the eyes of a rabid beast. He began to run towards me and within a moment of panic I picked up a sword I had seen on the floor and Garret charged into it with out noticing"
Things got silent.
-"I didn't realize what I had done until I heard the screams"
A few tears drop from my mother's eyes.
-"your father was..so calm....I knew someday this would come back to haunt us"
So I guess my father wasn't a murderer, my suspicions were right. Though I have my suspicions my mother isn't one either, surprisingly.
-"his eyes, didn't look human? He was foaming at the mouth, mental confusion? What are those all textbooks symptoms of?"
I say. My moms eyes widen and she smiles in disbelief.
-"you don't think that means-"
-"only one way to find out"
I say with a smirk. I then think for a moment.
-"I just have to stop by my dorm real quick then we can go"
My mom nods her head and I begin my walk back to my room.

Enid's pov:

Wednesdays hoodies and jackets have kinda become a source of comfort for me as of lately. So since I'm still stressed I'm cuddling with it while watching one of my favorite movies. Suddenly I hear the door start to open and I pretend to be asleep.
-"eni- oh"
Shit. It's Wednesday AND I'm still cuddling her hoodie. I hear her hollow footsteps as she walks closer but I keep my eyes closed pretending to be asleep. She stops and doesn't say a word.
-"huh is that my hoodie?"
She asks, leaning down and picking up one of the sleeves. She then puts it down and grabs my chin facing it up to her.
-"oh Enid, must've had a rough day huh?"
She asks, lightly rubbing the side of my cheek with her thumb. She then lays my head back down.
-"don't worry, they go home tomorrow. Things'll be better"
She says messing with my hair. She then walks back over to her side of the room and a few minutes later she leaves. I sit up and feel my face. God I feel like I have a fever, am I sick??

Wednesday's pov:

-"what took you?"
My mother asks.
-"nothing, just had to find a jacket is all"
My mother doesn't believe me but decides to take my word anyways. After about a thirty minute walk we arrive at the cemetery.