Being apart (pt.3)

Wednesday's pov:

-"Faulkner described Hyde's as artists by nature"
I read aloud. So far sounds like Xavier.
-"but equally vindictive in temperament. The Hyde lays dormant until it is unleashed by a traumatic event or chemical enducment or hypnosis. Wait-"
-"so that means"
-"I'm not looking for one killer but two. The Hyde and it's master"
Just then I hear the door open and I hide the diary in my desk. It's Mrs. Thornhill.
-"hi, I didn't mean to startle you"
She says with a warm hearted laugh. Honestly I really like Mrs. Thornhill, she's probably my favorite teacher here at Nevermore.
-"so Enid has requested to room with Yoko for the rest of the year.."
My eyes widen. I knew she was mad but I didn't know I had upset her that much.
-"usually when there's a falling out I like to get both girl's opinions on everything before making any rash decisions"
-"if she wants to room with Yoko it's none of my concern"
Mrs. Thornhill sighs and manages a slight smile.
-"deflect all you want but you and I both know you care about Enid"
H-how could she tell?? I take a deep breath and sigh, pushing down my sadness.
-"I'll survive alone. I always have"
I say, briefly thinking back on my past conversation with Yoko. Mrs. Thornhill sighs and looks at me sadly. She knows I miss Enid though I thought I was doing a good job of hiding it.
-"then I'll submit the forms to principal Weems"
Mrs. Thornhill nods her head then leaves. I notice one of Enid's small stuffed animals fall from the pile beside her bed.
-"uncle Fester?"
I call out looking in that direction. I focus on a giant purple bunny stuffed animal of Enids and then quickly move it revealing my uncle.
-"hey! Sometimes being a solo lobo has its perks, just look at me!"
He says with a smile and starts laughing happily. I drop the bunny to the ground and walk back to my desk.

Enid's pov:

Mrs. Thornhill walks into the room, it's just me since Yoko is hanging out with Bianca.
-"alright last chance Enid before I hand this into Weems"
She says in a singing tone as she waves some papers in the air. I assume it's the forms to have me permanently move in with Yoko. My brain says just to tell her to turn it in but another part of me is hesitant. Good or bad me and Wednesday had been through a lot, was I really just gonna give that up?
-"u-um actually Mrs. Thornhill?"
I say hesitantly.
-"hm?"
-"you uh, asked Wednesday about this already right?"
-"yes a little less than an hour ago in fact"
I bite my lip embarrassed of what I was about to ask.
-"what uh..what'd she say? L-like did it seem like maybe she missed me?"
Mrs. Thornhill smiled warmly.
-"n-not that I care!"
I quickly stated.
-"well Enid I'd say you've made quite an impression on Wednesday, do you mind if I ask what this whole fallout was about?"
-"...well...I guess it started on Wednesdays birthday? See I spent the whole week planning a big surprise party for her and had even spent hours making her a gift but..she didn't really seem to care. She ignored the whole party and barely accepted my gift"
Mrs. Thornhill nods her head understandingly.
-"that must've upset you"
-"I- well it did but she had a good birthday so at first I was just glad about that but then she I guess tricked me? S-she started calling me her best friend and saying how much she wanted to hang out with me just so I could help her get off campus during the lockdown"
I say growing upset and squeezing the end of my skirt. Mrs. Thornhill frowns.
-"I'm sorry she did that to you Enid"
She says placing a hand caringly on my shoulder.
-"and to answer your question from before? I think you've brought out a speck of warmness in Wednesday no one else seems to have, Weather she admits it or not"
She says giving me a playful nudge and a smile a bit.
-"do you think...I should give her another chance..?"
I ask begging for a good answer. She thinks for a moment.
-"I think you shouldn't rush into any big decisions just yet"
I nod.
-"understood"
I reply. She smiles, stands up, and holds up the papers again.
-"so shall I turn these in?"
She asks. I smile a bit.
-"not yet..if that's ok?"
-"more than. Just let me know what you decide"
She says with a slight wave as she leaves the room. For the first time in a bit I actually feel pretty good. I can't lie to myself, I miss Wednesday, no matter what the reason is.