xxxiv. secrets and moody

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖?" Raya narrowed her eyes at her dad.

After the Irish team won the World Cup, Raya left with her dad to celebrate with the other players and their families. When she returned around the time the sun was rising, she learnt that apparently there had been Death Eaters roaming around, someone cast the Dark Mark, and she just happened to miss it all.

Sitting in her usual compartment on the Hogwarts Express, she and Cedric heard multiple parents and siblings talk about something about to take place.

Judging by the knowing glint in both of their parents' eyes, they knew exactly what it was.

"Nothing, nothing," Raya's dad raised her hand in mock-surrender.

"Dad!" Cedric groaned, trying to convince his own father.

"I don't know what you two are talking about," Amos Diggory raised his hands in the air. "Alphanso, have you any clue?"

"Not the slightest," Raya's dad grinned.

"I'll call Mumpty," Raya threatened.

"She's vacationing in Peru," Alphanso smiled innocently. "If you call her from her wonderful vacation, to yell at me — her favorite, by the way — that's not gonna end very well."

Raya scowled, "I don't like you."

"Love you too."

Fred and George entered the compartment, only to be bombarded by Raya and Cedric.

"Do you guys know?" Cedric asked. 

"Please tell me you know," Raya groaned. "I'm gonna lose my mind otherwise!"

"Are you guys talking about that weird thing that might make us see Charlie earlier and makes Bill want to come back to Hogwarts?" Fred asked.

"Uh..."

"We don't know either," George groaned, slumping into the seat next to Raya.

"No one's told us anything," Fred agreed.

"Well, you lot are useless," Raya muttered. "Ugh, dad! Can't you just tell us?"

"Huh? What was that?" Alphanso put a hand to his ear as the whistle blew and the train started up. "I can't hear you."

"Dad!"

"Love you, Raya," he kissed her hand through the window. "Send an owl when you find out the big surprise."

"Love you too," she muttered. "But I don't like you very much right now."

Alphanso laughed to himself as the train rolled away.

"I can't believe they're not telling us anything," Cedric groaned. "That's not fair."

Raya agreed silently, pulling out a book as the train continued towards Hogwarts. It was a Muggle book, having something to do with Sirens and pirates, and other fantasy elements. She rubbed her thumb over her Camp necklace, freezing as the action reminded her of Luke.

Stop, she had to force herself to breathe normally. 

She broke up with him. And really, it was for the better. She had her O.W.L's this year, and she couldn't be putting all her energy into Luke and studying, because then she'd have none left for herself.

And who said they'd never get back together?

It was an option, Raya made that clear. Just... not at the moment.

Raya shook her head, trying to lose herself into the book like she normally did. She didn't get much reading done as she spent more time focusing on the different gag candies the Weasleys were planning on making.