xli. sirius the stupid

"𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐒, 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐒, 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐒!" Professor Sikander repeated at the front of the class. "You all know how this goes. Come on!"

Raya — who had already handed in her form — made her way to the door, playing with her small Snitch as she waited for the rest of the class to get ready.

The second part of the movie they'd watched two years ago in Muggle Studies had been released, and as a treat for doing amazing on their last test, Professor Sikander had booked tickets for them right after Halloween.

The first few days of school after the choosing of the Champions was a little rough. Everyone was around Cedric, and many of them pushed Raya to the side just to fawn over him. She didn't mind everyone being in love with Cedric — how could you not love him? She was just annoyed that they never noticed him until he was chosen as Champion.

The Slytherins had been selling pins which stated 'Cedric Diggory, the Real Hogwarts Champion' on one side, and 'Potter Stinks' on the other side. Raya, her friends, and Cedric refused to buy them, all of them believing Harry when he said he didn't put his name in the goblet. 

However, the other Hufflepuffs refused to listen to Cedric's arguments on Harry's behalf, buying tons of those pins. Some of them wore multiple pins at once. A few of the Ravenclaws even bought the pins, though they put them away when Raya got mad at them.

"Everyone gave them in?" Professor Sikander raked his eyes over the line up at the door. "Alright, wonderful. Outside, follow me."

They followed him outside to where a giant yellow school bus waited for them. The second Professor Sikander opened the doors, Raya and Kayse raced for the back seats, each of them claiming one.

Thomas and Elias sat in front of Raya, while Emmet and Jaiden — a Slytherin and a Hufflepuff — took the seat in front of Kayse. Soon enough, the bus started up, Professor Sikander driving them to the Muggle movie theater.

"Newbrooke, I heard a rumor," Kayse hissed, leaning over the aisle to speak with her.

"What do you want?" she sighed. "And stop calling me Newbrooke. It's Raya."

"Alright, Newbrooke. But is it true you and your boyfriend broke up?" he asked, speaking as if it was the world's biggest secret. He counted on his fingers, "There's about six dudes and eight girls who'd like to take you on a date, so if I could get an answer soon..."

Raya rolled her eyes, "Yeah, we broke up. How the hell did you know?"

Kayse blinked, "Well, usually you're always talking about him, or writing to him, or just mentioning him. Also that necklace he gifted you — one of the people who want to ask you out noticed you don't wear it anymore."

"What are you? The messenger?" Raya made a face.

"None of them talk to you in the classes," he shrugged. "And they have no balls. I was the only one up to the task."

"My hero," Raya muttered sarcastically. She pursed her lips, "We — we, uh broke up over the summer. But you can tell those friends who want to ask me out that I'm not looking to date right now. Try again, like, seven years from now."

Kayse snorted, sitting back. "Yeah, because people wait that long."

"Where's your sense of romance?" she asked. "Have you read any books?"

"This isn't a fairytale," Kayse said blandly. "It's real life. It's messy. No one's gonna wait for you to be ready. Certainly not seven years. Of course, growing up like a princess, not sure you'd know all of this."

"That was an exaggeration," Raya told him. "And you don't know shit about how I grew up. So kindly take your half-assed opinions of me, and shove them up your—"