lii. walburga black

𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄. She passed number ten, eleven, and all of a sudden thirteen. 

Dumbledore had asked for her to come down to Grimmauld Place the very next morning and wait for him at the gap between eleven and thirteen. She stared at the two houses — eleven and thirteen. They were next to each other, but it didn't quite fit. Almost as if there was something missing between them.

"Twelve Grimmauld Place."

Raya jumped at the sound of Dumbledore's voice. He approached her, keeping an eye on where number twelve should be.

"Why am I here?" she asked him, cutting right to it.

She was supposed to be at Camp, not doing errors for him.

Dumbledore sighed, "Twelve Grimmauld Place is the ancestral home of the Black family. It is where Sirius grew up. The Black family has always been powerful, and it seems that we've underestimated just how powerful."

"What do you mean?"

"There are many protective measures placed on the house," he told her, his eyes still trained on where it should be. "However, with the passing of every direct member of the Black family, the charms should be able to be opened by Sirius."

"He's locked out of his old house," Raya muttered, remembering her dream.

Dumbledore merely nodded, "We don't know why exactly. Perhaps the old house-elf noticed his name in the accessibility and took it out. It would explain why he can't access his Gringotts account anymore either."

Raya remembered him telling her that in his letter almost a year ago. Back when he wasn't allowed in England.

"I thought you're supposed to be, like, the most powerful Wizard ever," Raya crossed her arms. "You're telling me you can't open this."

"The Blacks are quite powerful," he told her. "And smart. I've tried throwing my Magic at it, but even that can't do anything. I was hoping you could try."

"Me?" Raya stared at him. "If you can't do it, how would I be able to? I'm still a student."

"You're also a demigod," he reminded her. "Your kind have a natural affinity for Magic, one that us Wizards can never match up to on our own. I need you to open up your senses, to feel for that gap between eleven and thirteen. And then, throw your Magic at it."

Raya wanted to argue, but decided against it. "Alright, old man. I'll do it."

She concentrated on opening her senses, feeling the gap between eleven and thirteen. She could sense the old charms around the house. They were stronger than any she'd ever seen... and they seemed to be calling her. Old magic bound them in place, for some reason, reminding her of the Oracle of Delphi.

Raya shook her head slightly, clearing it. Creating an orb of Magic, she shot it out and towards the house. Instead of fighting her Magic — like she thought the Charms would do — they accepted it. The Charms drank her magic, almost as if they were thirsty for more, before falling away and revealing number twelve Grimmauld Place.

"Holy shit," Raya muttered.

"Did you break the Charms?" Dumbledore asked her.

"What?"

"This is important. Did you break the Charms?" he repeated. "Or did you just open them?"

"I opened them," she told him. "They didn't break. The Charms were... it was like they were hungry. I could've stood here and fed them my Magic for days, and they would've continued drinking it. It's some old magic, definitely some Pureblood shit."