l. jet-black hair and sea green eyes

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍. Freak storms meant more monster attacks and less of a chance to win them. Raya had volunteered most of her time on guard duty, fighting off an assortment of monsters.

She'd had been back at Camp for a total of three days, right before the summer session officially started. She'd already fought off a few dracaenae, giant scorpions, and a hellhound the size of a tank.

"The rain is insane," Beckendorf said, trying to see.

Raya nodded, "Did you hear anything from the satyrs?"

"Not a thing," he shook his head. "They're keeping this way too hushed up."

"Based on experience, that's never a good thing," Raya shook her head lightly.

There was a flash of lightning, barely illuminating the night around them. 

Raya — along with every other camper — was trying to find out why these storms were happening. The only thing they'd managed to piece together was that something was stolen, and the Gods were fighting. Chiron and the satyrs talked about it a lot, but they had so far managed to keep the campers from hearing.

"Has anyone from Hermes tried listening in?" Beckendorf asked after a moment's hesitation. "Those sneaky rascals could manage it."

"Travis and Connor have been trying for a while now," Raya sighed. "Whenever they get close, Chiron manages to hear them. It's like he's grown a sixth sense whenever they're nearby."

"Everyone should grow a sixth sense when they're around," Beckendorf muttered. "You know, they stuck shaving cream in my mattress! They're not even from the Hephaestus Cabin! How'd they manage to get inside without triggering a land mine?"

"They've managed to steal your land mines, and you're wondering how they got by without triggering a few?" she laughed. "Charlie, I think we need to send you back to school."

"Shut up."

Raya laughed harder, but a clap of thunder raised the hairs on her arms. She picked up Denebola, Beckendorf wielding his own sword. Then, in the distance, Raya could just hear the sounds of fighting.

"You hear that?" she asked.

"Another monster?" Beckendorf sighed resignedly.

Raya tilted her head, enhancing the sound waves to hear better through the rain. She could hear three voices: one was roaring and grunting, one was yelling something about ground beef, and the last one was moaning, "Food."

"I think we've got a demigod in trouble," she switched out her sword for her bow and arrow, tapping her charm necklace. "I need you to go get Chiron, or tell him at least. I think one of them is injured."

"Raya, wait!" Beckendorf grabbed her hand. "You can't seriously go by yourself."

"I'll be fine," she promised, shaking out of his grasp. "Just tell Chiron."

Raya raced past Beckendorf, climbing down the hill to approach the monster. She froze at the sight of a half-bull, half-man. His back was facing Raya, but she already knew what it was.

A small boy — barely the size of Raya — jumped towards the Minotaur, kicking off his neck like a springboard, turning midair and somehow landing around his neck.

The Minotaur was outraged, slamming forward into the tree. The boy managed to stay on.

"Food," a satyr groaned from the ground near Raya's feet.