xl. laughing old men

𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐍.

It was Saturday, Halloween day, and most students were awake early, catching a glimpse of who would be participating. When Raya entered the hall, the first thing she noticed was everyone laughing. Then she noticed they were all laughing at two old men — who were also laughing at each other's beards.

"Okay, what the hell did I miss?" she muttered, walking up to Lee, who was standing nearby, howling with laughter.

"The Weasleys turning into old men," Lee laughed.

"The Weasleys... turning into — is that Fred and George?!" she stared at the two old men, laughing as Lee nodded, barely able to stand up straight.

Raya pulled her phone out of her pocket, taking pictures to save this moment. "I hope you know, these photos are going everywhere."

"Make us a viral sensation," Fred laughed, throwing his arm over her shoulder.

"Ew, you even smell like old people," Raya muttered. "But more stale."

That made Fred laugh harder. 

Dumbledore — who was standing nearby — instructed the two of them to head down to Madam Pomfrey's office. Lee, still howling with laughter, escorted them.

"I don't care if you're still old, you better show up for Quidditch!" Raya yelled at them.

"Yes ma'am!" Fred and George saluted on their way out.

"Good mans," Raya shot them a thumbs up, grabbing some breakfast and heading to the Ravenclaw table.

She waved at Cedric as he walked by, heading to the Hufflepuff table. Raya had stayed back after the feast with him when he put his name in the cup. For some reason, she didn't want him to, but she didn't want to take this from him either. So she plastered a smile, and tried to find happiness in his happiness.

As soon as breakfast ended, she was out on the Quidditch pitch, getting the teams ready. She would be playing the second game again, while Cedric was in the first one. The Weasleys were on Raya's opposing team.

All throughout the first game, Raya was rushing back and forth, making sure all the players for the second game was ready, fixing the bleachers, and trying to hash out any last minute complications.

She groaned at the sight of the Durmstrang students coming closer. She'd have to open up another set of stands.

Since there was a smaller turnout of spectators to the Intramurals games, Raya only had to set up two sets of stands, and not all four. If Durmstrang or Beauxbatons joined, they'd need the third set of stands.

Raya ran across the field, ducking her head to avoid the Bludgers, stopping in front of Professor Karkaroff.

"You guys are here to watch the game?" she asked a little warily.

"Yes, yes," he said, looking up at the players. "Where are your seats?"

"Hold up, I've got to open a new stand for you."

Raya turned to the right, pulling on a latch in the ground. It barely budged. She flexed her fingers, putting all her strength into it, until she heard a pop.

"Oh finally," she muttered, stepping back and pulling out the center rod.

"Need some help?" a voice sounded from behind.

She put her hands on her hips, pursing her lips at the Weasleys — now beardless. "You couldn't come when I was doing physical labor? This is the easy part."