Chapter 9

Chapter II

Percy ducked and threw another punch, and yelped slightly as his arm was twisted behind his back and he was flipped over Alpha's shoulder almost effortlessly.  He landed on his stomach and he let a soft groan escape his lips as he lifted his head up to glare at the apprentice, who looked annoyed. "Concentrate, Perseus!" Alpha snapped, and Percy just knew that Alpha was raising his eyes to the ceiling in exasperation.

"I am," he sassed, rubbing the back of his head gently. "It's not like I'm suddenly going to beat you though, you've been training a lot longing then me."

Alpha groaned and put his head in his hands in despair. "Okay, then," he muttered. "Imagine that I'm someone antagonizing you."

"You are, though." Percy shot with a smirk. Alpha's face met his palm.

"Fine then, imagine that I'm a threat to Nico. What would you do?" Percy paused, his expression becoming serious and thoughtful. Very hard to do when you were on the floor.

"I would probably charge you." He murmured his eyes far away and only seeing what he would do. Alpha nodded approvingly. "And then I'll try to disarm you." He looked up, his eyes brightening and he tilted his head.

"Now, imagine that I am that enemy." Percy looked dismayed and Alpha rolled his eyes then charged at the once Son of Poseidon. The black haired man rolled to the right, and jumped to his feet, the sword in his hand as his eyes narrowed in calculation. Both of them began to circle each other, like in those movies. One pair of eyes were narrowed in concentration, obviously trying to figure out what he was going to do next while the other's was relaxed and not suspecting at all.

Suddenly, the younger darted forward, moving like a snake as he raised his sword and brought it down. Alpha jumped out of the way, not suspecting the blow so suddenly and he lashed out. Percy jumped back, twirling out and then back in and he attacked Alpha in a series of strong but swift blows, Alpha caught most of them although there was one that he didn't and it left him unbalanced. Percy seized the chance and in a move that an old friend of his had taught him, just when he had only begun learning, he disarmed the apprentice to Chaos, and then he tackled him, twisting his arms behind his back and holding them tight. Alpha struggled with him for a few moments, before going limp, but Percy only tightened his grip on the apprentice, his eyes hard and calculating.

A lot like Annabeth's.

Silence entered the room as Alpha and Percy had a battle of wills, even though the apprentice was checkmated, and then former laughed. Alpha laughed and laughed, as if he was unable to stop, a great booming laugh that was both delighted and cheerful. Percy's grip on the man slackened and he sat back in surprise. Alpha wriggled his way out from under him, still laughing and Percy rolled off, his eyes confused.

Finally, with tears still in his eyes, he sat up, still bent over and hugging his stomach. "Finally!" He wheezed, out of breath and still snorting. He looked up and his laughter started all over again. Percy's expression was a mixture of a fish and a mouse. (Open mouth, wide eyes.) Alpha calmed his laughter down and stretched out cautiously. "You see?" He chuckled. "You can do great things, Percy. You just need to believe."

Percy blinked, confused. "What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head. Alpha stood up and ruffled his hair, grabbing his sword in the meantime.

"You just beat me. You're an excellent swordsman, Percy, but you just need to stop using your mind and your instinct more." Percy raised an eyebrow and Alpha smiled. "You'll understand. I've got to go to Chaos now, practice with Nico some more with martial arts." He literally skipped away, whistling a merry tune in the meantime. Percy rubbed the back of his head and glanced up at Nico, who looked somewhat amused.