Chapter 52

Chapter Nine

Luke's POV

As soon as we split up, (Percy going down Sparta, Us going down Athens) and as soon as Percy was out of earshot Thalia screamed. "Percy is a noble kelp-headed IDIOT!" Trust Thalia to compliment and insult someone in one sentence.

Right about that. Tell Pinecone Face that I can hear her. Well, I can, no one else can for some reason. Wait, Annabeth can so forget what I said... although she hasn't figured out how to talk to you yet. Percy suddenly said in my mind.

Percy?Um... how are you in my mind? Or head? And sure I'll tell her right now. I thought back to him then added aloud to Thalia, "Percy can hear you. Before you ask me how either I'm imagining his annoying voice or he's talking to me in my head."

Thalia stared at me strangely and I shrugged. "Don't ask."

Hey! My voice is not annoying. Anyways, I really do not know how I'm doing this. I did it once with Nico when we first got back here but I don't know how I am doing this. Did I also mention my powers are getting more... um...?

Powerful?

Thanks. Yes, powerful. I don't like that. Chaos said that they would only begin to get more powerful when he starts to fade... I'm a bit concerned.

I swallowed slightly. In all the chaos (no pun intended) of leaving I had forgotten to tell Percy about Chaos.

Um... about that...

What is it Luke? Percy asked and I noticed the concern in his voice. Well his head-voice thing.

You see when Zoe and I were in the Void... uh... Chaos... he... he... Percy he sacrificed himself to save Zoe and I. I... I don't know what happened really... he just... he just... he made a portal and told us to jump.

Percy's POV

A few hours later after Luke and I had talked I mulled over what he said. To say I was shocked by what he said was an understatement. I lay down by a tree and took first watch and watched as everyone fell asleep.

I wondered why Kronos, or was it Void, kept the stars. Maybe it was to taunt the mortals, or maybe it was to remind us what there once was on Earth. Either way I was glad that something stayed the same.

I was worried. I had no idea who we were fighting anymore. That was what worried me.

I turned my gaze to Annabeth, and in her sleep a smile graced upon her lips and almost unconsciously I smiled as well.

There was no way am I going to lose her again. Not like the last time.

"Someone's thinking." Someone stated quietly and I looked up in alarm and then relaxed when I recognized him.

"I guess so." I said sighing and leaning back into the tree and looked up toward the stars.

He stayed quiet for about a minute before asking hesitantly, "What about?"

I gazed up at the stars for a while before answering simply, "Pretty much everything." He laughed slightly and I smiled somewhat. "I'm so confused. When I was still a demigod I was confused about so many things," I laughed slightly for a moment. "I thought it was Hades that stole the Lightning Bolt but it was Kronos. I was confused over the first great prophecy then again when the prophecy of seven appeared and I had to choose between the life of a warrior or a hero.

"I had to choose between staying at the roman camp and the Greek one. I lost my memory and I couldn't remember my past at all for two months.

"Now I'm confused over so many things. I don't know who we are supposed to fight. Are we supposed to fight Void or Kronos? Gaea or the Elementals? Jack or the Primordials? Why did Kronos keep the stars? The only thing I'm not confused over is Annabeth. Well, I am to a certain extent. I know that I still have feelings for her but what are they?"