Chapter 15

Chapter IX

Percy threw a fireball at Alpha, who dodged it and threw one back at him. Percy threw his hands out and a shield of water erupted out of the ground. The fireball sizzled and went out as it met the water, and Percy let the shield down carefully.  Alpha eyed him with a slight smile and Percy grinned.

"Awesome." he informed him happily. Percy laughed slightly and Alpha chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. Percy grinned happily and he straightened up, relaxing. Alpha suddenly darted forward, catching him off guard and Percy jumped back at the last moment, kicking out with his right leg and he somehow caught the apprentice and his mentor fell to the ground.

Alpha stared at his apprentice in surprise and Percy stood above him, a strangely confused expression on his face. Alpha chuckled, shaking his head as he sat up. "Good job." he complimented the warrior, letting him know that he wasn't angry. Percy smiled slightly and offered a hand.

~...~

"Where am I?" a soft voice questioned. Percy looked up at Nico and nodded grimly. His companion smirked evilly and rubbed his hands together, a move strangely reminding him of the Grinch when he was scheming.

"You are at the Gate of...death." Nico informed her, his voice echoing around the cave. Percy's face met his palm as the girl screamed in horror. It was almost utterly like a great soap opera.

"Who are you!?"

 "I am called many names." Nico continued on, his voice becoming deeper and spookier. "Some call me the world, others call me Truth. Sometimes Shadow, Wrath, Justice, Anger, Greed, Lust, Gluttony-"

"Stop naming the seven deadly Christian sins!" Percy hissed into his friend's ear. Nico scowled.

"...havoc, warrior, but most of all, I am you!" he pointed at the girl for added affect. The girl screeched and Percy, while slightly amused at his friend's theatrics, had decided that he had enough.

"Ignore him." he said, his voice ringing out and Nico glared at him. "His name is Shadow. He's an idiot and he doesn't even have that many names." Percy struck a match and lit the torch. "I'm Torrent, the Forgotten Warrior and the first Warrior of Chaos."  Nico eyed him and Percy rolled his eyes before kneeling down by the girl. She had tangled brown hair that he figured was once silky, really pale skin and warm brown eyes. His heart stopped. He knew that face. "What's your name?" he asked, his voice even and not exposing his inner turmoil. The girl looked up and smiled slightly, even if she looked surprised.

"Bianca," she replied. "Bianca di Angelo." Nico sucked in his breath sharply and he collapsed. Percy looked at his only family in concern as he knelt in front of her, lowering the hood. She met his eyes and gasped, clearly recognizing him. "Percy?"

Percy nodded gently, not wanting to scare her. "Yeah, it's me." her eyes were wide, and then they looked over his shoulder and met Nico's, who was treading hesitantly over toward them. She swallowed and there were tears in her eyes. Percy stood and practically fled deeper into the cave.

~...~

"Thank you for watching after Nico." Her voice startled Percy out of his thoughts and he spun around to stare at her, reaching instinctively for his sword/pen/knife, before he exhaled heavily and relaxed.

"There's no need. Besides, he's become like a brother to me." Percy replied, looking back out over the mountains. Bianca paused and took a few tentative steps forward.

"Still, thank you."

Percy smiled slightly and looked over his shoulder, nodding his head silently asking if she wanted to join him. She smiled slightly and stepped up next to him so that they stood side by side. "I'm sure Nico explained to you what happened." He exhaled softly.

"Actually, no, he was very tight lipped about it." Bianca murmured and when Percy looked over at her, he saw that she was frowning. He played with the sleeves of his cloak, wondering just how he was going to explain to her what happened. "I am assuming that something happened to you and Annabeth, though." she murmured thoughtfully, her eyes calculating.

Percy tightened his grip on the railing, silently counting to ten in his head. "Yeah..." he sighed, raising his eyes up to the sky to stare at it. "I had no idea about it, actually... I ended up joining Chaos; actually he gave me a reason to live." He smiled slightly and she shifted just a little bit. "Of course I was held hostage by the nurse, Elisa, for roughly three months before I was allowed to start training with Alpha..." and he began explaining everything that happened to her, feeling as if some of his burden was being lifted. "...so, that's how we ended up here." Percy finished somewhat lamely. Bianca chuckled slightly and she pointed toward the mountains.

"What are those called?"

Percy felt a small smile on his face as he realized that she was not about to go screaming away. "The Northern border, or what Nico likes to call the Andes Mountains for some reason..."

~...~

Bianca glared at him, holding her knife up as her eyes flashed with determination. Percy held his sword out in a semi defensive, semi offensive position. He had no idea what she would do next; she had so far surprised him with her skill considering she had been dead for over five hundred years. It didn't help that she kept taunting him to attack her when he had been holding back. Which was strange, because he was used to going all out with Alpha or some enemy, it was rather humbling and awe inspiring. Alpha had had to hold back with him for many years.

"Stop holding back on me, Perseus!" Bianca suddenly snapped and he raised an eyebrow. She glared daggers at him, the fact only becoming literal as she held her blade up threateningly.

"Do you really want me to, Bianca?" He asked quietly, his voice full of quiet warning and she blinked, drawing up as she had obviously heard it.

She shook her head, her eyes calculating. "Perhaps it is better that I do not strain myself." she admitted quietly, and then she looked at Percy with laughing eyes. "Later though, when I am stronger." she added, promising it to both of them. Percy grinned slightly and nodded in agreement.

"'course." he replied as he treaded lightly around her. "Perhaps Alpha will be free later on today; if he is then maybe he'll be able to help you more."