Chapter 21

Chapter XV

Percy stalked into the room, the door slamming closed and several faces looked up in surprise as the normally emotionless warrior literally seethed with anger. He flopped onto a chair and two of the faces raised eyebrows.

"That bad?" the closest asked.

"Obviously." Percy snapped. "They're all hopeless!" He complained. "None of them will be able to become a warrior! Why are they even trying out anyways?" His head collided with the table. "And there's more there than ever before."

Bianca rolled her eyes, and Percy fought back a blush. He was not a teenager anymore. "Stop being so melodramatic, Perseus. I am sure there is a hidden gem in the thirty that qualified for the try outs. Honestly, you make the exams difficult to just join that only two or three a year even joins!"

Percy crossed his arms. "But they can get in Bianca, and that's the whole point! They have to be hard so that I know which ones are actually smart. And then the physical!"

Bianca scowled and the person next to her grinned. "Point for Percy."

"Shut up Nico!" She growled, punching Nico in the arm. Nico's face went blank, although if anyone looked closely enough, there would be a slight twitching of his lips. He had obviously sensed the tension between his sister and friend. Luke chuckled, stretching out.

"Have you been getting hate from anyone?" Zoe asked in concern. Percy sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"No more then what I expected." He admitted wryly. Luke rolled his eyes.

"In other words, a lot, being named the Apprentice to Chaos and a primordial of four more things?" he clucked his tongue and Percy sighed, sitting down Indian style on the ground.

He liked to sit on the ground, it was relaxing.

"Why did Chaos do it anyway?" Luke asked, sounding confused. Percy sighed and reached out, curling his toes to reach them.

"Have you heard of Void?" Nico asked curling his legs under him like a cat would. Bianca stretched out on the couch, sticking her legs up and over it. Percy tried not to stare at them. Both Luke and Zoe nodded in affirmation. "He rose about a thousand years ago." Nico began his explanation. "He's been slowly gathering power. Chaos, Percy, Bianca and I have estimated that in about six hundred years, he will be close to his full power if we don't do anything to stop him. However, none of us expected for Chaos to make Percy his apprentice officially..." he hesitated and Percy looked up at him sharply.

"You started seeing it?" he asked and Nico nodded sheepishly. Percy rolled his eyes. "I still say you're a seer." Percy muttered and Nico stuck his tongue out at him, before he became serious.

"Percy... I think I might be seeing destiny and maybe even fate." Percy choked on air, Zoe fell off the couch, Luke sat up abruptly and Bianca accidentally hit Nico in the back of his head with her legs as she tried to swing them off of the couch. Nico fell to the ground, hitting the coffee table and causing a slight cut on his head and Bianca apologized for it while Percy healed it. After he had finished coughing. Nico scowled at everyone and they looked at each other.

"It makes sense, that's why you keep seeing multiple visions." Percy admitted and Nico smiled softly at him. Then Percy stood up and dragged his cousin up with him as well. "Come on! We go see Chaos!" he shouted and kidnapped him. Literally- he disappeared with Nico.

~...~

"So, it is true." she murmured, "he is seeing destiny and fate." Percy looked over his shoulder and nodded at her.

"Yeah, he is." She stepped up and stood by his side, strangely close to him.

"I did not realize." She murmured quietly and Percy spun her around to face him. She met his eyes and they both searched the other's. "Why did you never tell me?"

"...I don't know. We forgot about it in the beginning, I suppose, and then we didn't want to make you worry." Bianca rolled her eyes, and she began to march away when Percy's hand snaked out and he lightly grabbed her wrist, his grip strong but not like it was going to hurt her. He stared at her in the eyes, his own narrowing and she lifted her chin so that they were so close that he could literally feel her breath. It smelled of chocolate and peppermint. But then, she had been drinking hot chocolate and dipping a peppermint puff thingy in it as well, so he supposed that made sense. It smelled good. "Is it always going to be this way between us?" he asked softly, looking at her in the eyes. She frowned, her eyes resting on his lips.

Oh man, he just wanted to kiss her senseless right there and then, but then Nico would kill him. Unless he had seen this happening somehow, then he would kill him even more.

"I hope not."

He had no idea who made the first move, only that they were kissing and his hands were tangled in her hair and hers were pulling on his shirt, trying to bring him down so that way she could reached him better. He wrapped one arm behind her back and gently pushed her up as she jumped on him and wrap her legs around his waist.

He didn't feel the need to bother anyone with the details after that.