Chapter 78

Chapter III

Percy

I helped Annabeth up as the enemy stopped attacking abruptly and fled back to where Void stood. She looked confused and maybe a little hopeful but I felt a little worried. I traded looks with Alpha, who was standing back to back with Jezebel. I blinked, hadn't Jezebel been missing for a while?

Nico, helped Thalia up and Bianca pulled a citizen to her feet. I frowned slightly, what was going on? A bloodied Luke and Zoe appeared by my side and I looked at them in concern.

"It looks as if you've been Hades and back." Annabeth informed them helpfully and Luke grinned at her, bloodied lips creating a slightly phychotic look.

"Yes, but we were on the winning side of it." Zoe stated cheerfully and I saw Leo (not our Leo, Leo the Lion) walk up to us.

I turned to the fallen star and Annabeth tilted her head. "Void is releasing the gods and the other spirits." He informed us bluntly and I blinked. Why would Void free the gods in the first place...?

"But, why?" I breathed out slowly and the spirit tilted his glasses up. They glinted dangerously in the light, as if he were preparing himself for battle. Which we were in, of course. "Why would he release the gods?"

Leo snorted humorlessly. "He thinks this is a game, Percy Jackson. He's only making it more entertaining." I frowned slightly and looked out over toward the golden light that shone just in front of our army.

"Okay," I breathed out and closed my eyes briefly. Annabeth's hand touched my elbow and I opened my eyes and smiled at her briefly. I turned back to the constellation, Luke and Zoe. Much to my surprise I saw that Nico, Bianca and Thalia along with the rests of my hands had gathered around us. Even the citizens. My heart sank as I saw that there were much fewer numbers.

"Okay, Zoe, can you and Luke fight?" I turned to the ex-huntress and she nodded, examining Luke with a critical eye. Luke looked mildly insulted but I didn't bother to mess around with hurt pride. "If Kronos is indeed expelling the gods; that means that we can fight him without hurting the gods. I want you and Luke to do that." I commanded, starting to feel a little more confident. Luke and Zoe nodded in sync and saluted. I turned to Nico and Thalia, both of whom were looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Nico, Thalia, can you take care of Alcyoneus?"

Nico scowled slightly, looking slightly confused. "Don't you need a god's help to defeat the giants?" he wondered out loud. I smirked slightly and shook my head.

"Annabeth and I amplified your power." I explained and his eyes widened. "You should be good. Just... don't die, alright?"

Nico smiled at me and nodded. "I plan to see your coronation."

I made a face, I had completely forgotten about that.

"Right. Bianca, can you and Calypso go after—"

"Already on it." She interrupted and I smiled at her. Really, she was the best.

I turned to Leo, Jason and Piper and they straightened up. "You guys want to take down Gaea?" They grinned and nodded. I wanted to take down Gaea as well, but I knew that I should probably save my strength for Void. Besides, they would be fine, they were a predestined team. "Reyna, Frank,  go after Damasen. Alpha, you're with Annabeth and I. Jezebel, I know I'm sorry for doing this, but can you go after Gration?" She nodded even if she didn't look happy about it. I sighed.

"Leo, no, not you Leo, the other Leo, can you take down the constellations?"

The lion pushed his glasses back and he smirked. "Sagittarius and Taurus and Scorpio and Capricorn are fallen stars, but they should know not to hurt the humans. I'm ready."

I couldn't help but smile at the Celestial spirit. "Okay, everyone else, stay in pairs and fight the monsters. There's still Void, the rest of the giants and the Titans still lurking around so watch out for them."

My army roared their assent.

Annabeth

Alpha, Percy and I slashed through the thick crowds of monsters. I turned to the Heir of Chaos, slightly confused. "So, why are you only targeting only the stronger beings?" I asked curiously and the Forgotten Warrior grunted as he blocked an attack.

"Yeah, I was wondering about that Percy." Alpha agreed with me, "Besides shouldn't you be saving your strength for Void?"

Percy kicked out and the monster flew back five feet. My eyes widened. "I want to make sure that Void can't take their powers," he explained briefly. "Like he did to Chaos. As for Void... I don't think we're going to fight today. I don't know how I know, I just do." Alpha shrugged slightly and he jerked his head up. The crowd of monsters and humans went flying back. Percy looked at Alpha, obviously impressed. "Neat trick."

Alpha stuck his tongue out at him and Percy raised StormBringer. I raised my dagger and watched as the monsters began to circle in on us. "Every odd is against our favor..." I warned them and I felt Percy grin.

"Just the way I like it."

I rolled my eyes and raised Ignis.  "Show off," I muttered teasingly and Percy chuckled quietly. "Three..." I began to count and the Heir of Chaos sobered while the ex Apprentice of Chaos held his hands out. I wondered what exactly his weapon was; I had never seen him use one. "Two..."  I took a deep breath and I felt Percy reach out behind him and gently touch my back. I smiled slightly and tensed, preparing for my first strike. "One."

Zoe

I helped Luke stand up and we glared up at Kronos. The lion had been correct, the Titan king had expelled the gods (who looked a tiny bit disoriented, not that I blamed them.).

I turned to Luke, "Ready to do this?"

He looked at me, tilted his head and grinned. "Yeah, I still haven't bashed his head for making me kill myself to get him to Tartarus."

I still found that weird; didn't he in a roundabout way commit suicide?  I supposed it didn't matter, it was in the past and we could only learn from it. All we could do was hope for tomorrow—I hoped I would live to see the new tomorrow.

"Let's go."