Chapter 23

Chapter XVII

Percy paced around the room, wincing as he heard Bianca scream. Nico was pale and he stared at the floor, but Percy couldn't sit still at all. He figured it was the ADHD acting up again. Suddenly, Elisa opened the door, looking tired but happy. Percy looked up at her, his eyes wide and she smiled at him.

"They're both fine."

Percy nearly collapsed out of relief and she nodded her head toward the door. "Would you like to see them?" He didn't even need to hear more, he was already inside and his eyes zoomed in on the bed where Bianca laid, holding a small bundle of cloth in her arms. She looked up and smiled softly at him, her eyes warm, and Percy practically floated over to them.

He held his hand out, almost afraid to touch the fragile face and she laughed joyously, her eyes dancing even though she looked tired. "Say hello to your son, Perseus." She murmured.

Percy smiled, unable to take his eyes off the bundle.

~...~

During the night, when the parents were sleeping (Percy in the chair), a figure appeared and it stopped at the unnamed baby boy's cradle, looking down at him, Percy shifted, obviously beginning to sense something. The person looked over his shoulder nervously and grabbed the baby and Percy shot awake, his eyes alert. The baby cried out and he stared at the figure.

"I'm sorry, Torrent, but this is for your own good." The figure, who was obviously female, whispered, and then she disappeared. Percy darted forward at the last second, his hands reaching out but nothing happened. He cried out and Bianca woke up, and met his eyes.

"No!" her anguished cry would echo in his heart for many years after that.

~...~

Percy, now known as Torrent, watched as the people passed, his sea colored eyes sharp. "Chaos wants to see you." The person behind him stated, and he glanced over his shoulder at her.

"Do you blame me?" he asked softly and she tilted her head. "For what happened to our son?"

Bianca, known as Adrianna now, shook her head firmly. "No, never, you did everything you could to try to find him."

Torrent sighed and nodded. "Everything has been slowly falling to pieces... Void is about to reach his full power in two hundred years, at the maximum, Calypso still hasn't reached her full potential yet and..." he trailed off, slumping over the guardrail. Adrianna stepped up to him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, in the end everything will turn out fine."

Torrent sighed and smiled briefly at her, before he flipped the hood up. He kissed her on the cheek before he disappeared from her sight. She sighed and watched as the shadows bent around another form.

"It's almost time, isn't it, brother?" she asked softly. Nico, now known as Shadow, nodded his eyes hardening.

"It'll be the hardest for him." He informed her almost sadly. She shrugged, spinning around and she rested against the guardrail, popping her foot up. "Soon Chaos will have to name us, and Percy will have to receive the power." He leaned against the wall, the shadows wrapping around him. Another change that had happened, the shadows rarely left him.

Adriana tilted her head. "You must be excited to see her again... but you might be scared of Torrent's reaction as well."

Shadow raised an eyebrow, smiling wryly at her. "I know now what really happened with Annabeth, so I'm not too worried." He ignored the first part and Adriana shrugged.

"How much longer would you say?" She asked, her eyes curious.

Shadow frowned, but not as if he was angry. He looked more thoughtful then anything. "I would say maybe one hundred fifty years, about. I'm not exactly sure, it never shows me everything."

She nodded, and then tilted her head at him, a wily expression crossing her face. "Will you tell me what you've seen again?" she asked. Shadow smirked wryly at her and shook his head.

"I already told you everything I can."

~...~

Torrent watched as Chaos walked up to him, his steps even and measured, growing steadily more concerned. What in the world was the scheming master of all up to now?

"Do you remember when I told you that if you became the Apprentice to Chaos, there was a possibility that you would inherit my powers?" the deity questioned. Torrent raised an eyebrow and shook his head.

"You never told me, remember?"

Chaos laughed at his bluntness. "I suppose I haven't. I suppose it's only fair that I give you a choice now then." Torrent twitched slightly, slowly becoming more concerned. "In exactly one hundred, twenty-seven years, Void will rise, which is when you'll be given a task. In that time, I will start fading, just as Nyx did, and you will either start receiving my powers, or you will start dying."

Torrent blinked, slightly stunned by the normally tactful... being's bluntness. "...in other words, you need to give me powers so that I'll live, even though you'll die?"

Chaos shrugged. "That's one way of putting it. If you don't take them anyways, then Void will inherit them and then he'll never be stopped." Torrent exhaled heavily, running a frustrated hand through his hair and Chaos paused. "You've always got a choice, Perseus," he murmured softly. "It is just up to you to believe that you don't. Just remember that this has to be chosen by your own freewill, otherwise you'll never be able to tame it, and it'll never accept you."

Torrent exhaled heavily and looked up at Chaos, his eyes full of fire. "I was not going to say no anyways. I had a feeling that something like this would happen eventually."

Chaos smiled at him. "Then let it begin. Fire, water, earth, air, bring these four to the newly named heir. Power over all but master to none, it shall be given to the forgotten one..." Fire licked at the warrior's arms, but his eyes remained locked on the deity. There was no fear in those eyes, only acceptance. Chaos looked down at him sadly, regretting the hell he was about to put his most loyal one into. "...I now give these powers over to him, so that they will obey his every whim."

The warrior fell to the ground, barely holding himself up as the pain affronted him.