Chapter 82

Chapter VII

Percy

I had somehow ended up next to my son.

My son, who, by the way, shouldn't be fighting and shouldn't be fifteen, in fact he was only seven and I doubted that he even knew how to hold a steak knife properly yet.

Or at least, he should be only seven and shouldn't be able to hold a sword, much less wield one.

"Sam?" I asked a little incredulously and he stopped mid swing. I threw the knife form of Storm Bringer and it sank into the monster's heart. Sam stared at the monster and then at me, his eyes wide and I raised an eyebrow and held my hand out. Storm Bringer returned in regular form.

"I'm going to be grounded for this, aren't I?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. Yes; definitely my son.

"For eternity," I promised as we backed up into each other. "And you're going to explain how you're a fifteen year old when you were only seven before."

I thought I heard a nervous chuckle. Good, he better be nervous. "Uh... yeah... I might have not been entirely truthful about my ag—look out!"

I swung up and met the giant's blow. Which one was this? Athena's bane? Artemis? I couldn't remember.

Sam rolled between the giant's legs and swung his sword. I winced as the giant fell, due to the fact that its legs had been severed from the rest of its body.

Sam turned to look at me and I exhaled heavily and stared down at the giant as it began to glow gold and its face began to disappear, becoming sparkly golden monster dust. I turned to look at my son with a raised eyebrow. "Do you think you can do anything about all of these monsters?" my son whispered softly and I exhaled softly. "They're beginning to overwhelm us."

That was a mild way of saying it. My people... they were falling everywhere.

And there was a way, but I had promised myself to never use it willingly. But then, I had already broken so many promises that this one wasn't really anything new.

"I told myself that I would never use it willingly." I admitted thoughtfully and Sam spun around to look at me in confusion. I held my hand out flat and looked at it. "But then, I seem to live off of broken promises."

Samuel's eyes widened and I exhaled heavily, "Power of Chaos, I ask you to let the Earth tremble." My voice had risen to a dull roar as I fell to the ground and slammed my hand against it. Blue light erupted out of the Earth, and then it began to shake. I heard cries and shouts from the army and I felt Void's anger grow.

I turned to look at Samuel, whose mouth was open slightly and I held my left arm out. A familiar sword materialized in it and I smiled at Riptide. Sam looked at me in shock and I stared out. I saw Nico and Thalia fighting a few giants and I turned to look at my son and smiled slightly.

"I'll teach you how to harness the power of Chaos one day," I promised and ruffled his hair. "Now, stay out of the main fighting area." I ordered quietly and I saw his sparkling eyes.

They looked both happy and sad and maybe a little shocked.

Annabeth

It was utter panic and chaos. The monsters screamed as they fell into the Earth that kept on crumbling away. I looked around in confusion; none of our allies were getting hurt and I knew that this was not Void, but who would have this amount of power other than Chaos himself?

Percy suddenly ran up to me, fearlessly avoiding the falling monsters and I frowned slightly, "Annabeth." He panted slightly as he held two swords up. Riptide and Storm Bringer, his old and new sword. I pressed my back against his and lifted my blade. Ignis expanded into sword form, but I still watched as the monsters fell around us.

Then I heard an anguished scream and I looked up, slightly shocked because I knew that voice and yet... it wasn't supposed to be screaming. Not like that anyway.

Unknown

My eyes widened as she suddenly jumped in front of me, with her arm spread out wide and I tried to kick her out of the way.

She took the sword that had been meant for me.

And then I screamed.