Chapter 11

Chapter V

Percy woke up with a slight groan, holding his head. "Welcome back to the land of the living." A familiar voice greeted and Percy glanced up and squinted, feeling a strong sense of déjà-vu.

"Thanks," he muttered drily. "What are you doing here?"

Nico frowned. "That's nice," he sassed. Percy stuck his tongue out at him. Nico sat back, watching him with a familiar expression, grave and serious, and maybe a little knowing. "I'm assuming you don't remember much." Percy nodded, resting on the pillows. Nico played with the cover. "Well..." he murmured quietly. "...you sort of... um... went I am the son of the Sea god."

Percy blinked. "Huh?" He asked. Nico blushed.

"You blew up half of Abyss." Percy groaned and let loose a loud curse. Nico winced, but didn't say anything else. "The council now thinks you're too powerful to be just an apprentice. Actually, they were all for blasting you to Tartarus."

"Wow... that doesn't sound even remotely familiar." Percy muttered sarcastically. Nico huffed in amusement, stretching out like a cat would after just waking up.

"Politics are the same, wherever you are, eh?" Nico teased, but then he sobered quickly. "Percy... you're going to have to take a vow of loyalty. They're paranoid about you; they think you might betray them." Percy huffed out in amusement and exasperation.

"Where in the world would I go?" He wondered out loud. "Chaos will watch me if I'm here, if I go back to Earth then the Olympians will probably blast me to your father- not that I would, I don't even know how to get to other universes, and Chaos will probably watch me there as well then..." he began rambling while Nico drifted out. "...so you see," he concluded, "I can't get out of here. Besides, I don't want to leave."

Nico sighed, rubbing his head. "Yes, I know that, you air head, and Alpha and Chaos do as well. The council doesn't though, well, they might, but they just don't like the fact that we're not from here."

Percy scowled. "But can't Chaos do anything about it? He is the ruler of the universe."

Nico sighed. "No- yes, he is the ruler of the universe, but he is not a tyrant."

Percy sighed, and nodded. "Alright then." he murmured.

~...~

Percy stood before the council of seven, slightly unimpressed. When one had seen the Olympians, it was natural that when one would see seven unimposing looking people one would be unimpressed. Percy knew better though, he could see that they were all crafty in their own ways.

"You are Perseus?" One elderly woman, who looked nicer than the rest, questioned kindly, her eyes sympathetic. Perhaps she didn't agree with the rest of the council either. Percy nodded, shifting.

"Yes, that is my name." He stated clearly, the cloak rustling as he shifted. Silently he wondered why Alpha wanted him to wear it. He glanced up at the grimfaced apprentice, who nodded encouragingly. He exhaled heavily feeling slightly more relaxed. The key word being slightly.

"Do you know why you are here?" A round man questioned sharply.

"Yes, you're questioning my loyalty." Percy muttered, only exasperated. "...it's not like I have any other place to go." He sighed under his breath. The woman smiled while the man frowned.

"A vow of loyalty won't be strong enough." A mouse like woman squeaked. The man nodded approvingly while Percy exhaled heavily. Great, this is exactly like when I was thirteen; next they're going to start voting whether or not to kill me.

"What do you mean, Rowan?" A stern looking woman questioned. She reminded Percy a little of Athena, her grey eyes were sharp with intelligence. The woman seemed to have heard his thoughts, for she winked at him. Percy blinked. What...?

"I suggest we do something stronger. A vow of loyalty can be broken in special circumstances." The mouse like woman (who looked more like a rat, now that he thought about it) commanded. Another cold looking man frowned frostily.

"Well then, what would we do?" He questioned eyeing Percy almost greedily. Percy wanted to take a step back, but he forced his feet to stand still. Alpha had warned him about the man.

"How about you make him swear on the River Styx?" The grey eyed woman suggested, her eyes cunning. Percy frowned, definitely reminding me of Athena.

"You know that Greek oaths don't work here, Athena." Rowan shot back and Percy's eyes widened. He bowed his head to hide his face from them. "What do you suggest, Helena?" She turned to the kind looking woman, who was watching Percy with thoughtful eyes.

"He is a warrior." Someone suddenly said, and Percy looked up and met shrewd brown eyes. "How about you make him a warrior?"

Percy blinked. "Wait, what? What's a warrior? I mean, what do you mean making me a warrior?" He blurted. He glanced up at Alpha, whose eyes were wide with surprise.

Athena smiled slightly. Is she the Olympian or... "That is an excellent idea Serena." She nodded, stepping off the platform and her hair changed to a curly blond. Percy's eyes widened and though he knew this wasn't Annabeth, flashes of his once girlfriend crossed his mind. Athena smiled sadly at him. "I'm sorry about what happened to you." She murmured quietly and Percy spluttered, trying to wrap his mind around the fact that this was obviously Athena. She turned back to the council, her eyes flashing with defiance. "All in favor?" she called out.

There were three 'I's, not including her own. The kind looking woman, Helena, the shrewd looking woman and the round man surprisingly. Mr. Greedy, Ms. Mouse/Rat and Mr. Grumpy Pants frowned.

"Very well," Athena murmured, pleased. "It is passed."