[Book V] Chapter 54

TheLast Hope

WARNING: MUCH DARKER THEN OTHER STORIES

Summary:It has been three years since Percy was captured by Void, and Annabeth at long last has gotten a lead from a surprising friend.

When Annabeth sets out with Zoe Nightshade, Luke Castellan, Bianca and Nico di Angelo and Jason and Thalia Grace to Void's lair she doesn't know what to expect, but she knows exactly what to hope for.

Which is why her hopes crash when they get to Void's lair, for Percy has lost his mind, and he can't remember who he is.

All hope seems to be lost, but what she doesn't know is that there is one last hope, for the warrior within Percy is rising once again, and even in his dementia  and he is the last hope that will save them all.

Prologue 

She ran, panic clear in her stride as she ran from the lair. She kept on glancing back repeatedly, fearful that he would start to follow her. The one she had one called her friend, but then deserted her and gave himself over to that inhuman creature.

She suddenly let out a gasp when she saw him. She tried to veer left, but he stopped her with an unpleasant smile.

"Hello old friend." He said, smirking at her.

"Get away from me!" She cried out in fear as she tried to turn left, but he stopped her.

"Oh no, no, no," he began. "I shall think not." His once kind face turned into a snarl, and he brought his face closer so that they were nose-to-nose. "You are a deserter," he snarled, "You must be punished." He brought his hand as if to slap her, and then stopped abruptly.

She was worried about what this meant when he slowly began to smirk. "Ah yes," he began, "You may go. But you are to not tell of my identity, or I will hunt you down." He glared in her eyes, and she nodded hurriedly. "Now go, deserter," he laid stress on the word. "Go, and never return."