Chapter 24

Chapter XVIII

Torrent walked around the gym unsteadily, he had finally gotten his strength back, but it took a while. Or at least, enough to walk, he was not looking forward to getting back into shape. Shadow watched him but didn't say anything; they both knew he didn't want pity, and it was obvious that his friend knew about it. The power that he now wielded, but of course neither said anything about it. The power felt strange in him, but then he had always been used to not having a lot of it. The power was strong and fierce, like a raging sea that was about to destroy everything, but at the same time it was calming and protective, like a gentle freshwater spring. It didn't like being contained into his human shell at first, it was used to Chaos, and so a battle had ensued from there over whether it would stay or not.

Torrent won only through sheer stubborn will.

~...~

Chaos gestured for Adriana and Shadow to kneel, and both siblings did. He turned to Adriana first. "It has long been past due, but it is time for you to be named once more." The council hadn't protested when Chaos had went to them, they knew that Void was about to reach his full power. "...so I name you Adriana, Warrior of Chaos, Primordial of Fear, secrecy, eternity, harmony and natural beauty." He turned to Shadow and repeated the process, naming him Fate and Destiny.

Finally, he turned to Calypso who was the last of the trio, and repeated the process that Torrent remembered from his own ceremony, a process that everyone knew was now ages old. "...Rise, Bellamore, Warrior of Chaos and Primordial of Healing."

~...~

Chaos turned to him, his eyes sad and worried. "You need to go to Earth." He told him and Torrent's eyes widened with shock. "I never told you this before, but it's been foretold that you would go back since the dawn of time."

Torrent closed his eyes and exhaled heavily. "You never told me this before because...?"

"You've always had a temper; I didn't want to anger you even more."

Torrent raised an eyebrow, wondering where the logic of that was. Wouldn't he have wanted to tell him before when he did not have the power? "...very well then." He finally sighed. Chaos smiled sadly at him and nodded.

~...~

Torrent walked down the halls, watching in no small amount of amusement as his warriors panicked around, obviously drawing lots on who would tell him that they would be going down to Earth. He had been angry at that, oh yes, but now, he only wanted to laugh hysterically. It was like one big game, and a game that he now hated. He already knew that he was going to Earth, of course, but they didn't. So he just watched them.

"You knew that something like this would happen eventually." A soft, whimsical voice informed him almost bluntly. Torrent shrugged; slightly surprised that she was here. He had never seen her out of the room only once before.

"I knew Void would rise, Athena, but I never expected that I would have to go back to Earth one day." He informed her dourly. Athena rolled stormy eyes and crossed her arms, her hair turning a shade lighter. "I just wish he had told me before."

Athena huffed softly and Torrent looked at her in confusion. "Tell me, would you have agreed to go before now?" Torrent pursed his lips, and then he shook his head reluctantly and she nodded. Athena was one smart lady. "I figured as such. It really makes sense that he wouldn't tell you until now, then doesn't it?" Torrent nodded slightly, obviously not able to find a fault in her logic, and she smiled at him wryly.

"...has it changed much?" he asked, his voice suddenly strangely vulnerable. She looked at him, her eyes full of motherly concern, and she nodded.

"It has changed a lot. But the people will always be the same in an ever changing world." She responded wisely. Torrent looked out over the mountains and Athena sighed. "You have grown to be strong, Perseus. I am proud to have watched you over the last couple thousand years. But in the trials ahead, you will need every bit of your strength and courage with you to defeat the darkness that has corroded peoples' hearts." She warned him, her voice wise and he looked over at her, his eyes wide. She smiled at him wryly. "You have goodness in your heart that has been tested time and time again. You've stumbled and you have fallen, but you've always gotten back up. I once said that your loyalty will destroy everything..." Torrent looked away, his eyes growing stormy. "...but now I am saying that your loyalty will be the salvation that we need." He looked at her, his eyes wide. "You've proven your wisdom so many times as well as your loyalty that even the rest of the council can't argue against you anymore." She smirked wryly at him and he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "You are the Forgotten Warrior, Perseus that is probably, by far, the most impressive title that there is, even if you may not understand what it means completely. You are the Last Hope, but your name will never be Torrent. It has been, and always will be, Perseus Jackson, because that is who you are." She ended her speech, her eyes burning flames and Torrent gaped at her slightly, then he bowed his head.

"I never forgot it either, Athena," he admitted quietly and she stared at him in surprise. "I've always known that Torrent is just a title, but I am not sure if Perseus Jackson is my name..." he raised his head and smiled a little sadly at her. "Just... thank you for reminding me of that."

He turned and met his panicking warriors, restoring order quickly and easily. Athena finally chuckled and nodded her eyes proud. "I wouldn't be prouder if you were my son..." she whispered almost to herself, but he seemed to hear it because he looked up and smiled briefly at her.

Then all six of them disappeared into the portal to start the new age.